PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic Clutch loses pressure

stagermx317
07-30-2006, 01:59 PM
I had a question about the hydraulic clutch I put on my 400ex. When the engine warms up, I lose all pressure in the clutch line, and I can no longer dissengage the clutch, I don't know if this is from air in the line or what. I can rebuild the pressure in my line after the engine cools and I rapidly pull the clutch in and out about 10-20 times. I don't know what this means, any help would be greatly appreciated.

firefighterjosh
08-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Sounds like air pocket. Can you bleed the line for the clutch? Also maybe you have the line too close to the esxhaulst

stagermx317
08-01-2006, 08:21 PM
I have the line(stainless steel) away from the exhaust, but the slave cylinder sits right under the header, so I made my own insulation with some muffler packing wrapped in aluminum foil. I covered the slave cylinder with that. I am using mineral oil like magura recomends. When I bleed the line, it works perfect, but after I start riding and get through a few gears, the lever just goes totally limp.

firefighterjosh
08-01-2006, 08:34 PM
I would just keep trying to get the air out. I am not very fimiliar with those clutches. My dad has one on the c-dale and he ha had no problems