PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!... Rappy burning cluchtes!!

Barnett 660
07-30-2006, 01:28 PM
please help...I have a 2001 Raptor 660 i have replace the clutches about 3 or 4 times the first time theyw ere stock went out about a year ago first problem.so we replaced them with ebc dirt racer cluthes they went out after about 5 hours of riding.We found out we didnt have it adjusted right.the next time they lasted probally i weekend so about 10 hours.then they went outand replaced with ebc dirt racer again and raplaced the center part of the basket because it was grooved a little bit then they lasted for maybe 3 weeks or a month and started slipping so I took it apart and one of the fibers was broke in about 10 pieces and replaced it with a stock one and after maybe a month they started slipping again? trying to figure it out please please help cause i dont feel like payin the local shop hundreds of dollars to look at it.

DieselBoy
07-30-2006, 10:16 PM
your clutch shouldn't be going out like that....it sounds like your riding the clutch alot or its way way way out of adjustment....

Barnett 660
07-31-2006, 07:12 AM
its adjusted right and im not riding it at all actually the guy at the local shop came to my house and put them in the last time and adjusted it..he thinks there not gettin enough oil but they got plenty of oil on em when we take em out tryin to get a second opinion he wants to drill into my basket but i think its gettin plenty of oil

Barnett 660
08-01-2006, 06:54 AM
any ideas why???

DieselBoy
08-01-2006, 01:40 PM
none that i can think of, there's probably someone who's very knowledgable on here about clutches that may be able to help you out. I would post this in the Powertrain forum, you might get a detailed answer there.

In the meantime, try phoning the company who you bought your clutch off, and ask them if they might know anything the premature wear you're experiencing.

Barnett 660
08-01-2006, 06:35 PM
ok i talked to a guy that has had raptors all his life and he said put a set of gytr clutches, and put a yamaha clutch cable, and 12 tooth front sprocket, and check the basket and make sure there aren't any grooves or anything and he said i should be fine he said its happened to him before but ill post it to see if anyone else has any ideas but thanks for your concern gotta get back ridin cant stand it any more hahaha