PDA

View Full Version : wheel spacers

Louie
07-30-2006, 10:41 AM
Can anyone tell me how well 2" wheel spacers work? Are there any downfalls or drawbacks to using them? I'm thinking of using some on my sons raptor 80. Thanks

Spike99
07-31-2006, 07:20 AM

We have 1.5" wheel spacers on the front of my son's Pred-90. They are awesome. Since installing, my son hasn't tipped his Pred-90. To me, all minis must come wider on their front ends. In a perfect world, they should have wider A-Arms with properly tuned shocks. I'd recommend widening the fronts of all minis. It really does reduce tipping / roll overs.

If going 2", the steering might be a little jerky. Especially if driving in soft sand or over hard bumps on an angle. If flat ground and oval track racing, 2" spacers should work great.

Note: I've been told the rims on the LT80 can be turned around, and their valve stem moved to the outside. Thus, using the factory rim as a wheel spacer. Might be worth trying this inexpensive trick - if looking for 1" spacing.

Hope this helps...

BradLoomis
07-31-2006, 04:27 PM
Like spike said, spacers will help widen the width of the quad making it harder to tip by inexperienced riders not leaning to the inside of the quad turn. I agree with this as a learning tool or if the quad is not going to be jumped hard.

The extra width puts alot of stress on the king pins and will break after a some hard jumping. The problem with the Raptors is that you can't buy wider A-arms that I know of because of the leading arm style suspension.

Louie
07-31-2006, 05:26 PM
Thats my concern. My son is only 8 but rides very aggressive and loves to jump and ride fast through bumps. Not sure if the spacers would hold up.

Valder
07-31-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Louie
Thats my concern. My son is only 8 but rides very aggressive and loves to jump and ride fast through bumps. Not sure if the spacers would hold up.

Same here. My kid loves the jump I put in the backyard. I was interested in spacers as well....maybe it is best to call Hetrick in the morning to check on those extended A arms instead of the spacers.

BradLoomis
08-01-2006, 09:59 AM
You might try these guys.

http://www.raptor80racing.com/default.html