PDA

View Full Version : 400 EX Just Quits

Ligten_e
07-30-2006, 07:36 AM
I have a brand new 400 ex, this thing has had about 3 tanks of fuel burned since I bought it (but i bought it about a year ago, i was out in the oilfield for a year so i had no time to ride, so now my waranty has expired). Now the stupid thing is that when I am out riding it will just quit. I can be going down the road and it will just quit like you turned the key off, and it doesnt matter if you pull the clutch back in and hit the start button cause it wont start anyway. The only way you can start it again is to cycle the ignition switch once, put the choke on and then start it again. I right away thought that i had some fuel problems so i took the carb off and the fuel tank and cleaned both of them out, but it was no help. I thought that it might be the rev limiter but it also does it when i am just playing around in the yard. So now i think that it might be an electrical problem, but i looked high and low and cannot find the problem.

I was wondering if any of you have had or heard of any simmilar problems, or maybe have some suggestions.

Thanks

Choppers
07-30-2006, 10:04 AM
maybe somewhere around the ignition key a wire loose or open. does it blow any fuses?

DieselBoy
07-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Coil/stator could be on it's way out..