View Full Version : will not start

clewis1303
07-29-2006, 02:37 PM
alright as im riding my kfx it starts to sputter and stalls...i start it back up and it does the same thing about 3 or 4 times..after tht it will not start for nothing....so far ive replaced spark plug, cleaned the air filter, and took the carb apart to clean it....still wont start...my thought was that i noticed what looked to be a missing screw on the bottom of the carb facing down but i dont know weither the carb is used for other bikes and that screw is not intended for this bike...i dont any suggestions???? thanks alot:confused:

Byte
07-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Make sure your choke isnt sticking/stuck. Very common on these bikes and hard to notice if your not looking for it.

booterskuggs
07-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Check your stator,left engine cover .there were some issues with the bolts coming loose and screwing everything up. Make sure you have spark

clewis1303
07-29-2006, 08:55 PM
yea it is deffintly getting spark and gas dont know what it could be

Vindex Injuriae
07-29-2006, 09:18 PM
i don't know this to be fact, i just read it over on atvpathfinders.com the other day - they were having similar probs with a Z and apparently the fuel selector is supposed to be vacuum operated and a prob on these quads.... so they say - i don't know, maybe somebody that has had one a bit longer than me can say if this is fact or fiction. i have no idea what year the bike they were working on was. i'd be interested to know myself if this is true....

DVX440
07-31-2006, 05:50 PM
If you can push/pull start it with another quad and it will run, then you need to check your intake valve clearances. When they are out of spec. it will not start with the starter, but you can push/pull start it.

IrideMHSC
08-01-2006, 08:26 AM
I had the same problem and it was the CDI box... well the connections were the main problem but the CDI box itself was starting to go a little flaky....