PDA

View Full Version : Hybrids?

stocktires
07-29-2006, 10:53 AM
I've been out of racing for a while and I'm wanting back in. I'm really wanting an aftermarket framed hybrid. It seems though that everyone in the industry is turning their backs on hybrids these days. Are there just a few classes in which hybrids can race now or what? Would it be a bad idea?

QuadRacer041
07-30-2006, 02:38 PM
there are plenty of classes to run hybrids in. all the age classes as well as the open class. if you wanted you could easily run 3 class at 1 mx event

stocktires
07-30-2006, 03:24 PM
basically all classes except production and pro right?

*Picking up my JRD/AXIS/CRF next weekend*

QuadRacer041
07-31-2006, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by stocktires
basically all classes except production and pro right?

*Picking up my JRD/AXIS/CRF next weekend*

correct

hey where you getting the quad from?just curious, is it the one from long island ny?

stocktires
07-31-2006, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
correct

hey where you getting the quad from?just curious, is it the one from long island ny?

Nah, No way I'm driving to long island, lol.
It's coming from South Florida, still an 11 hour drive.

LT80
07-31-2006, 07:08 AM
Where you want to race will be the decision maker!
If you want to race the WPSA you will have a production machine (only 1 open class that allows them).
The GNC does have classes for them but they will be following suit. I'm sure that more and more classes will be turned into "production" classes.

Pappy
07-31-2006, 07:27 AM
Hybrids...the only way to make yourself feel better about having a $15,000 quad:D

Its a crying shame hybrids are getting the cold shoulder....

QuadRacer041
07-31-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Hybrids...the only way to make yourself feel better about having a $15,000 quad:D

Its a crying shame hybrids are getting the cold shoulder....

sure is, its a shame too because after spending that kind of money i want a machine that will last a few seasons and not something that will be falling apart after one hard season(im talking about most of the stock chassis components).
nothing can outlast the quality of a hybrid.

xrxmxcx
08-04-2006, 10:28 PM
i sure do f***in` love mine!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/xrxmxcx/houser426.jpg

Pappy
08-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
sure is, its a shame too because after spending that kind of money i want a machine that will last a few seasons and not something that will be falling apart after one hard season(im talking about most of the stock chassis components).
nothing can outlast the quality of a hybrid.

Remember when they told us it was to save money:p