PDA

View Full Version : Dunes Trip

JR_rivard
07-29-2006, 08:50 AM
Me and my buddy are going on a sand dunes trip out west, we are taking several weeks after graduation next year. We would like to here your input on what dunes that we have to go to. Were starting from minnesota and heading west. We've got a few so far,

St. Anthoney
Winchester Bay
Coos Bay
Glamis
Coral Pink

We have no idea what this will cost so if you could give us the cost for you when you stayed at the dunes for a few days or so.

JOEX
07-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Add Florence to your list:) It's at the north end of the Oregon Dunes.

Dune info......
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/siuslaw/recreation/ohv/odnra/index.shtml

250r4life
07-29-2006, 04:28 PM
you can cancel glamis off if youre going after graduation next year... it'll only be 110 degrees outside... :devil:

cobradaler
08-01-2006, 05:26 PM
little sahara dunes in waynoka ok are great it costs 8 dollars to camp unless u need hook-ups then its 16 dollars and 7 dollars to get on the dunes.

JR_rivard
08-01-2006, 05:42 PM
alright i'll right those down, and thanx for the prices. Any other ones?

Sandgod4
08-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Well if you hit Sa's first you have hit the best dunes first. Then head to the coast to Oregon as stated.. After that head down Pacific Coast Highway then head east to Fallon, Nv to Sand Mtn.. Then head east on I-80 and then south to Little Sahara, Utah. It has a Sand Mtn also which is barely bigger then Nevadas.. Then you can head south to Coral Pink on the Ut/Az border, then head east over to LS, Oklahoma. If you really want to do this I would go in the reverse order, because I would save the best for last and that is Saint Anthonys.. Glamis and Dumont are just to hot as you can add about 15 degrees to the air temp when it starts getting above 100 when out on the blistering sand..

That trip is gonna cost you about 2500 total..

omega27
08-01-2006, 09:47 PM
i second cobras recommendation waynoka (little sahara) is a very good place to dune at they have nice camp grounds, they have a couple of atv shops, showers, water hook ups, gas pumps, convienience(sp?) store down the road,etc etc very nice place.

Happy Riding!

JR_rivard
08-03-2006, 03:08 PM
ok, yeah we'll definatley take all these into account.

GoldenGloves
08-11-2006, 03:55 AM
Our whole team of about 25 makes trips to nothing but Sand Lakes, I like it.. I've heard Winchester is supposed to be a good area also

JOEX
08-14-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by GoldenGloves
Our whole team of about 25 makes trips to nothing but Sand Lakes, I like it.. I've heard Winchester is supposed to be a good area also
You really gotta check out the real Oregon Dunes:cool:

redwing310r
08-25-2006, 01:31 PM
must go to little saharah utah......been there 6 times....drove from ny.....best before oct....cold at night....coral pink is interesting but small and way out of the way.....bring some dirt tires and go to grand junction 29 rd.....sweet jumps....hill climbs...loam...crusties filmed there

jtquad
09-14-2006, 08:49 AM
If its a winter trip check out this website i found http://www.glamistrips.com I see they are raffling ofdf a free trip as well - JT

richmond559
09-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Well as long as your gona be in oregon and glamis will be above 110 easy.try pismo beach/ oceano dunes camp right on the beach for about 12 bucks a night a lil windy at times but well worth it...

suzukigirl
09-22-2006, 10:28 PM
winchester bay is awesome too....i go there a few times a year and it is so much fun! there is so many areas to ride that are really close to there too

mstrav1
09-23-2006, 12:18 AM
if you go to pismo make sure you have reservations if it is a weekend in the summer. durring the week you might be ok, or just stay at motel 6 and day use for $7.00.

armagossa - hot
dumont - hot
glamous - hot
st anthonys in idaho is awesome. then sand mountain in northern nevada could be on your way across 50 to Oregon though. After Oregon and then down the coast to cali to pismo, non-resident sticker is $20 bought in paso robles at the yamaha dealer on your way down 101!!!! hotties on the beach and sand, the bigger the weekend the better, 4th of july is nuts!!!!