PDA

View Full Version : thanks for the help. plus Questions....

FGPA400ex
07-29-2006, 12:45 AM
wanted to say thanks to anyone who gave me input on my last post about getting a new quad.... i ended up going with the 05 for the better deal... im not like racing it or anything just some average riding feilds some hills dirt roads and stuff so the 05 suits me fine. but my new question is... i wanna do a few minor things like exhaust, maybe jets, sprocket swaps? a friend told me he has a 05 and with a pipe he said it wouldnt fire until he jetted it, is that right? or is he a moron? what would be a good exhaust system to go with? i dont want it to be too obnoxious but i want good power......and what size jets would i need? and what do u do for the sprockets... i wanna get more top speed so i go up with teeth, or down? (sorry i dont know simple things like this im trying to learn, please bear with me) and which one do i change, front or back or can i do both? what would be good sizes to go? i dont wanna loose all the take off i just a little more top speed. wow sorry this is so long. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys.

Pappy
07-29-2006, 05:43 AM
It will depend on the particulair engine when you add a pipe wether jetting will be needed. On one of ours, a slip on and closed airbox ran perfectly with stock jetting, while others have had to jetted to dial it in. (we use a dyno so this isnt just a guess on our end) Mine infact wouldnt even run with anything other then the stock main jet, but when a new full system was added, we needed the HRC lid and jetting changes to dial it in.

You could drop 1 or 2 teeth in the rear for more top end, then drop a tooth in the front to help bring back some of the low end feel. 13/37 seems to be popular for gearing on the 04/05