PDA

View Full Version : stripped swingarm bolt

exrider23
07-28-2006, 04:56 PM
I stripped the side of the swingarm bolt woth the flange on it....not the nut part the other side of the bolt....anyways, how am i supposed to get it out now?

Nick shupe
07-28-2006, 05:49 PM
are write so if I'm reading this correctly you can't get the nut off of the bolt and the bolt is stripped out if thats the case it's goin be alittle tricky. Maybe you can try getting something in there to hold that bolt meaning maybe get a 16mm socket and hitting on there, it's stripped out anyways. Get an impact wrech and put it on the nut side and see if you can get that nut to spin off of there. It's just a idea maybe it will work

GPracer2500
07-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I was thinking impact wrench. An impact wrech alone might spin the nut off. If the bolt spins then I bet if you clamp some vice-grips on the buggered-up side that will provide enough spin-resistance to let the impact wrench work it's magic.

speedracer13t
07-30-2006, 01:17 PM
do the same thing that happens when they get worn really bad. Get the sawzall and start cutting. It won't be easy though.

TRXNIGHTRIDER
07-30-2006, 07:43 PM
u could weld an old socket on the stripped side so u could just put a racket right in it. my buddy ran into that problem while stripping his quad and thats what he did.