PDA

View Full Version : worst jump of my life

hondaracing 79
08-21-2002, 08:29 PM
this evening i was ridin my 300 ex and i hit a jump at like 50 mph and my swing arm cracked sending my axle out in one piece and the remaining part of the swing arm dug into the ground and sent me over the handle bars the axle is also bent one hub is f***ed up a sproket one brand new rim is smashed flat tire all axle barring and carriers are messed up, well looks like its time to invest in new stuff? what axle?swing arm? hubs? axle carrier and barrings?

Pappy
08-21-2002, 09:13 PM
heck of a way to replace parts;)

Smoker
08-21-2002, 10:00 PM
I sympathize with your situation but I would rather pay for your mess than mine. I nailed a big flat land jump and have a $14,000+ doctor bill for surgery and a three day hospital stay for my broken arm. I have good insurance so I only have to pay a fraction of that. The bike came through o.k., I just bent the bars when I landed. I know how you feel though, bad ju-ju. I'll be riding in October if all goes well and I figure that bone is stronger than ever with that titanium plate supporting it. Sorry don't mean to run on but I really freakin' bored. :p

SGA
08-21-2002, 11:00 PM
When i read that i thought....man he is lucky, he could have got messed up bad in that wreck! Remember, material things can be replaced.

kaneman23
08-22-2002, 05:23 AM
Have fun. I just spent over $1000 rebuilding my rear and buying axle, tires, rims, and bearing carrier....

L.Vegas400
08-22-2002, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by kaneman23
Have fun. I just spent over $1000 rebuilding my rear

lol

Str8Wicked
08-22-2002, 08:57 AM
OUCH!

NJ300ex
08-22-2002, 09:22 AM
Since no one has answered your question yet, I will.

You should either get an LSR axle or RPM. Whatever you do, don't get Durablue. You can get hubs from any of these companies.

Next I would go with a Leagers swingarm. You might want to get a +1 swingarm if you are bigger or plan motor mods. If you get a +1 it will handle better in the whoops also. Don't get an LSR they are prone to breaking.

For the carrier I would get either an RPM or a RAD. I don't think RPM makes them for the 300ex so you will probably have to get a RAD. Both are top of the line and both have an external grease zerk. When you get the carrier you can either get it with tapered or dual row bearings. Tapered can handle more load and are better but also come with a higher price tag. There is nothing wrong with dual row they just don't handle as much side load.

While you are at it get an aftermarket lock nut. Any of them are good but I prefer the RAD and people have had good luck with them. I have heard some people having trouble with the lock nut reviewed on this site.

To find this stuff look in the links section of the site or look at all the ads inside of a Dirtwheels. Be careful about what companies you order from.

Wired
08-22-2002, 03:48 PM
definately go with RPM products! you wont regret it!

250rmike
08-23-2002, 08:40 AM
ok get a houser swingarm. rpm axle. rpm carrier. get some lonestar hubs.