PDA

View Full Version : Derby Car Results

firefighterjosh
07-28-2006, 01:16 PM
I Just completed my First Demo Derby Weds Night and I finished 3rd!

I ran a 1989 Geo Spectrum in the Compact Class

Tues Night was Compact Car racing and I finished 1st in the Oval Track and 2nd in the Firgure 8

It was awesome! I was scared half to death. There was a Gremlin out there and that thing was tuff!! The guy kept going after me and he finally killed my car. The thing I hate, My car started the next day and runs great..GRRRR... I could have won. O well I will try next year.

hotrodbelair
07-28-2006, 02:28 PM
thats awsome 3rd place is good for your first demo especialy against gremlins. those things are banned around here cause all the newer compacts cant take them out. got any pics of the car?

insaneracin2003
07-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I Just completed my First Demo Derby Weds Night and I finished 3rd!

I ran a 1989 Geo Spectrum in the Compact Class

Tues Night was Compact Car racing and I finished 1st in the Oval Track and 2nd in the Firgure 8

It was awesome! I was scared half to death. There was a Gremlin out there and that thing was tuff!! The guy kept going after me and he finally killed my car. The thing I hate, My car started the next day and runs great..GRRRR... I could have won. O well I will try next year.
figure 8,i heard bout them races,my butt will clinch every time i go through the cross part.:scary:

firefighterjosh
07-30-2006, 07:19 PM
The gremlin was tough, he has ran it 2 Years now, but he keeps having trouble with the steering breaking due to everyone gangs up on him and they aim for his front tires. The figure 8 isn't all that bad. Its a little track , maybe 20MPH and during the drivers meeting they said don't hit the other person too hard. They said to try to save the cars for the demo.

coolex
07-30-2006, 08:07 PM
any pics of the car:confused: :confused: :confused:

firefighterjosh
07-30-2006, 08:44 PM
I have some on the digital camera. I will have to wait until I get to some faster internet.