PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw vs. 450r

300ex03_619
07-28-2006, 08:54 AM
i am going to get a new atv next may. so it will be the 2007 model of whatever i get. i am planning on starting racing a mix of gncc and mx. i also ride trails alot for fun. which would you recomend the 45or or the Outlaw?

TRX23rider
07-28-2006, 08:59 AM
i would get the 450r, the outlaw would be good in xc but not so good in mx while the 450r would be great in both.

dg26
07-28-2006, 04:25 PM
if you want to race xc, don't set your heart on anything out right now, wait and see what the 07 kfx looks like and i've also heard rumors of a can-am450 so just wait til next may

jbwoodie
07-29-2006, 02:07 PM
I agree with the post above the new Kawi 450 looks to be the most attractive 450 yet. With an aluminum frame, efi, reverse, and kawasaki's history of building fast bikes and quads it should be awsome. As long that is that the frame holds up to the abuse.

krt400ex
07-29-2006, 02:50 PM
i agree the other 2, but if u want a bike now, i would def. get the 450r. the outlaw, because of the independant rear suspension, will actually pull down a hill if u hit the throttle to hard or u lean one way or the other. u need to be very steady and careful otherwise it will do things that u don't want it to do. it is like a low tire. if u have ever had uneaven tire pressure u know. when u hit the throttle hard or try to wheelie it then it will pull to the side of the tire with the lower pressure. if the suspension is compressed uneavenly and u hit the throttle hard or wheelie it then it will pull to one side or the other. the 450r would be a much better pick. it will be easier to ride and much more consistant.

plkmonster2
07-29-2006, 03:52 PM
The independent suspension will not make it turn during a wheelie. When you have the tire at a low pressure, the circumference is less than a high pressure tire. The more circumference, the farther the tire propels the vehicle during one revolution. The rear end on the outlaw is locked. Each tire turns the exact same amount of revolutions during it's life. The only way it may turn during a wheelie, when the tire's pressure and circumference are the same, is if one side loses grip, or slips. Usually the suspension is set up the exact same on each side. In an XC event, I woudl find the independent suspension superior to a swingarm. You have more ground clearance, and each tire can move into a rut without tipping the bike. It will most likely have more droop under throttle, but not as much as you may think. If you look closely, the arms are heavily angled back. This counteracts the forces of the axles on the wheels.

jbwoodie
07-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by plkmonster2
The independent suspension will not make it turn during a wheelie. When you have the tire at a low pressure, the circumference is less than a high pressure tire. The more circumference, the farther the tire propels the vehicle during one revolution. The rear end on the outlaw is locked. Each tire turns the exact same amount of revolutions during it's life. The only way it may turn during a wheelie, when the tire's pressure and circumference are the same, is if one side loses grip, or slips. Usually the suspension is set up the exact same on each side. In an XC event, I woudl find the independent suspension superior to a swingarm. You have more ground clearance, and each tire can move into a rut without tipping the bike. It will most likely have more droop under throttle, but not as much as you may think. If you look closely, the arms are heavily angled back. This counteracts the forces of the axles on the wheels.

I think you misunderstood what he said he was compairing being on a hill and gassing it to popping a wheelie with a low tire, and he is right I have spent about 10 hours on an outlaw and if one side of the suspension is compressed more it will pull that way. It not someting you cannot overcome but it is something you have to get used to.

krt400ex
07-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by jbwoodie
I think you misunderstood what he said he was compairing being on a hill and gassing it to popping a wheelie with a low tire, and he is right I have spent about 10 hours on an outlaw and if one side of the suspension is compressed more it will pull that way. It not someting you cannot overcome but it is something you have to get used to.

ya that's what i meant