PDA

View Full Version : buying dirt

tyler3400
07-28-2006, 06:56 AM
i have decided to build some of my own jumps as the neighbor kid who has a track always complains when i ride on his because he rides a bike and i screw up his lines so. i dont have any equitment at the time and probably wont i woudl liek to jsut get a delivery of dirt and start fromt here. does any one know who i should call about that or numbers to look up..also with a load fo dirt wut size jump can be expected to be built any pictures? thanks

ShiftFMX
07-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Call places that dig ditches and inground pools, they're itching to get rid of dirt

Honda_7x
07-29-2006, 11:30 AM
the easiest and best way is to dig a lake if u have the land and build your track around it from the dirt that came outa the hole then u have a lake too but thats if u have some equiptment and land

B450r
07-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Honda_7x
the easiest and best way is to dig a lake if u have the land and build your track around it from the dirt that came outa the hole then u have a lake too but thats if u have some equiptment and land

do what he said but instead of the lake i would make a bowl...........like ridin downone side and going up on the other side......

might be a little bit more work but will be worth it......

07-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by B450r
do what he said but instead of the lake i would make a bowl...........like ridin downone side and going up on the other side......

might be a little bit more work but will be worth it......
That would be good unto it rains and you have the bowl half full of water:rolleyes:

B450r
07-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Quad_King
That would be good unto it rains and you have the bowl half full of water:rolleyes:

That is true....
but at the place i ride....... u probably haven't been there but its outside of memphis, TN in a city called Millington.... they have about a 30 to 40 foot deep bowl (little valley) and it doesn't ever get filled up with water..... u just gotta watch out when it does rain cuz the sides will be slippery and u might not make it out.....

wolffie
07-30-2006, 07:17 PM
well he lives in NY, so the weather sucks, and the bowl will fill with rain:D lol, trust me i know from experiences.

you want to find a state guy who is diggin ditches. thats where i got my dirt. good for packing. about $50 a ten wheeler load.

this was my 30ft double (in the process of becoming a 50ft table) and it took about 4-6 ten wheeler loads to build BUT everything you see was packed with a back hoe! it is basically like a rock hard platform, lol. since you would only have shovels you arent going to be able to pack as well.

wolffie
07-30-2006, 07:20 PM
its hard to tell in that pic, but the landing is pretty wide (probably around 10f-13t) the take off is only about 4.5-5 feet wide which = narrow.

tyler3400
07-31-2006, 02:17 PM
ok.. well the diggin into the ground for a bowl wouldnt be very likely as im going to be shoveling.. my friend who is going in on this with me decided that we shoudl jsut try to call the county, abd ask them about it so ill see how that goes.i am curiious about using the hay bales i know they will degrade or what ever it is called over time but rlly how often. i wouldnt really mind replacing the jump with new bales at beginning of each summer or so woudl they last a whole summer do you think?

08-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by tyler3400
.... the neighbor kid who has a track always complains when i ride on his because he rides a bike and i screw up his lines ...

Translation: I really can't ride very well. I need a perfectly groomed track that never changes, or I can't ride.

tyler3400
08-01-2006, 02:08 PM
actually i dont care how groomed or whater the trakc is like lately its been washed out from all the rain we had so he didnt care if i was riding on it because he had kinda reshape it from flooding but noiw that hes worked it al up again and got it nice he doesnt want quads running on it.. hes got another trakc thats smaller that he dont care if i ride on but its nothign that great so it gets old quick

wolffie
08-02-2006, 07:48 AM
he's pickin fun of your neighbor saying he cant ride a bike. if he has ever been to a real MX track, he would see that there a bigger ruts that Oprah's ***.:D

TRX23rider
08-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by wolffie
he's pickin fun of your neighbor saying he cant ride a bike. if he has ever been to a real MX track, he would see that there a bigger ruts that Oprah's ***.:D

have you ever been to a real mx track?

wishmasstir
08-02-2006, 09:49 AM
just rent a bobcat for 8 hours ... you could get a good bit done in 8 hours...probably around $150ish to rent it

idontknowwhoiam
08-02-2006, 08:43 PM
im not sure exactly what u mean by using haybails..but if ur talkin about puttin dirt over them i dont think it would work out all that well...we've made jumps with piles of logs coverd and packed with dirt though...

Ruby Soho
08-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by wolffie

haha:D