PDA

View Full Version : pred slip on

troyleepred719
07-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Jus tgot a dg xcellerator of ebay for a pred, wondering if i can get her to work on it, without changing jetting, I heard that it wouldnt matter, but want to make sure, and how hard are they to change jets on the predator

wolffie
07-28-2006, 07:19 AM
the preds come rich from the factory, but im guessing you will still need to bump to a 155mj. where are you located?

changing the main jet on the pred isnt so bad compared to other machines. have you ever jetted a carb before? i could probably walk you through the jetting procedure as long as you have some experience. go to the HOW TO section and read some of the articles on jetting.;)

troyleepred719
07-28-2006, 08:32 AM
i live in rome ny, ive jetted bikes before, so it shouldnt be that hard, just not a fan of playing with a brand neew moptor

wolffie
07-28-2006, 11:04 AM
sounds good. yeah its not bad. BUT you are going to want to go to your hardware store and buy some replacement float bowl screws because it is almost guaranteed that you will strip the stock ones on there. Mikuni must have found the cheapes bolts they could find, mass produced them, and then put them on the Predator carb. lol. just get some allen head ones they are fine.

pop the side guards off your pred. turn your gas to off. take off the gas line that is attached to your carb. now, take the bolt off of your tank. it is 1/2in. set that aside. this will enable you to lift the tank up about an inch. (you dont need to take it off) there is a throttle and choke cable that you will need to get some more line of off in order to move around the carb. once you do that, loosen the carb from the engine. its a phillip head hose clamp. do yourself and replace that with a standard hose clamp from the auto parts store, because that will strip as well, lol. once that is off, just tip the carb up and you will be able to get to the float bowl screws. unscrew em and you will be good to go.:p

this is the easiest way to play around with the carb, because disconnecting the throttle and choke cables is a pain in the ***.

wolffie
07-28-2006, 11:07 AM
also, i dont know if you have any intake mods, but buy a K@N drop in from Rockymountainatv.com at least. it cost $42 and provides better flow.

if you have the cash, get the nicholas intake off of www.nicholascycle.com or the rathintake off of www.rathracing.com

those are the best intake kits you can buy to really make your pred breathe. at the bare minimum, you should at least get the K@N drop in to help your engine breathe better with the new pipe. i think i have blabbered on enough for now, lol

troyleepred719
07-28-2006, 05:21 PM
wolfie..... information and effort is much appreciated, sounds like this sahll be a cake walk , compared to past two stroke/ four stroke meltdowns........thansk again...

wolffie
07-29-2006, 12:07 PM
anytime man. yeah you should have no problem. just get some extra supplies, so you're not stuck with stripped ****!;)

Scotty7304
07-29-2006, 03:59 PM
If you want a good cheap intake I'd go with a twin air clamp on and outerwear from HPD. I think its about the same as the nicholas setup, but will only set you back like $42. www.hpd-inc.com