PDA

View Full Version : how is the Polaris Outlaw?

300ex03_619
07-27-2006, 08:08 PM
i am considering buying either a trx450r or a polaris outlaw. my main interests are a mix of trail riding and i soon turn 16 and i plan on racing. do u think the outlaw would be a good fit?

calds650
07-28-2006, 05:23 AM
For trail and XC racing yes

red n blk supra
07-28-2006, 07:16 AM
I say wait till next year . There's so much new stuff that just got introduced .

calds650
07-28-2006, 08:02 AM
Red makes a good point new KAW, may be a new Can-Am, KTM, and the Outlaw may be getting a new emgine (just TR)

ryedogg racing
07-31-2006, 12:46 PM
http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/ATV/2007Models/HighPerformance/Outlaw525/Features.htm

cdalejef
08-02-2006, 05:57 AM
The Outlaw is an awesome quad! Look for my race review here on ATVriders very soon.

Big Chuck
08-06-2006, 09:39 AM
I race the new Outlaw in the GNCC's, local XC and three weeks ago, started racing MX at a local track to get experience for when we have the MX track included in the GNCC races. Got ALOT of attention from people who had never seen an Outlaw much less to see one on an MX track. Now bear in mind that my outlaw is virtually STOCK, set up for Cross country with agressive tires and all the other stuff needed for XC. I also am 300 pounds with all my gear on. I am 45 years old and the last three weekends raced Senior class MX. I got a 5th overall, a 4th overall and last night got 3rd overall. I am sure that all the lowered and widened racers in my class are not stock and light as heck. I have never raced MX before in my life. Whats that tell you about the new Outlaw?

wolffie
08-06-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Big Chuck
Whats that tell you about the new Outlaw?

its says its a helluva machine:D i cant wait to see the new 525!!!

smokinwrench
08-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Whats that tell you about the new Outlaw?

It tells me you must be one hell of a rider. Crappiest rider on the track isn't gonna win because he has the highest $$ quad.

hemp450r
12-31-2006, 05:36 PM
you are racing in the senior league? what is there like five other guys in there with you?

Outlaw 50
01-03-2007, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by hemp450r
you are racing in the senior league? what is there like five other guys in there with you?

Who is this question directed at?

Puzzled
01-03-2007, 05:56 AM
I race the new Outlaw in the GNCC's, local XC and three weeks ago, started racing MX at a local track to get experience for when we have the MX track included in the GNCC races. Got ALOT of attention from people who had never seen an Outlaw much less to see one on an MX track. Now bear in mind that my outlaw is virtually STOCK, set up for Cross country with agressive tires and all the other stuff needed for XC. I also am 300 pounds with all my gear on. I am 45 years old and the last three weekends raced Senior class MX. I got a 5th overall, a 4th overall and last night got 3rd overall. I am sure that all the lowered and widened racers in my class are not stock and light as heck. I have never raced MX before in my life. Whats that tell you about the new Outlaw?

That tells me your a good rider with experience that can ride what ever he is given. :D

Oh and the Outlaw is probably a decent machine.;)

Puzzled
01-03-2007, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Outlaw 50
Who is this question directed at? I'm guessing Big Chuck. Definitely a distasteful comment/question.

Outlaw 50
01-04-2007, 04:44 AM
Kinda figured that but I wasn't sure. Not really too crazy about someone taking shots at a brother!

Not that Big Chuck can't defend himself,lol

Puzzled
01-04-2007, 05:35 AM
I agree with you.

Snide remarks and comments is what keeps people away from the boards. There is a lot of information to be gained from such a forum. However those with the experience that is often needed will shy away as to not have to deal with such remarks.

smokinwrench
01-04-2007, 05:46 AM
Probably just another smart alec remark from another arm chair racer.

Puzzled
01-04-2007, 06:21 AM
Sarcasm and humor are often one in the same sitting behind a keyboard. It is sometimes hard to convey which one you are after. The smilies help some. If it were one of Big Chucks buds I'd say humor as they know him and can poke fun. My buds and I are full of fat and old comments. Than again we are.........

Rusty91o
01-11-2007, 09:57 PM
But anyway. I thought the Outlaw was excellent. Has incredible power. But the IRS makes it so great in the way it works. It handles so well over whoops, berms, jumps you name it. The advantage of not having a strait axle made it way more agile. In my experience with it, I was racing a rather heavily modded YFZ. The YFZ beat me out alittle on the straits (Possibly due to it's aftermarket Suspension and extended A-arms over whoops) But in the corners and turns, I got out nice and clean every time over the YFZ. I was amazed. I wasn't sure how it would fare, seeing it is slightly taller than the race quads (Higher Center of Gravity) And it can be wierd powersliding. But in the turns, you don't even need to, you can come right out of turns just plain turning, and no powersliding. I didn't get to try it in the trail though, but I would imagine it would do way better than most 2wd sport quads.