PDA

View Full Version : how is the Polaris Outlaw?

300ex03_619
07-27-2006, 08:04 PM
i am considering buying either a trx450r or a polaris outlaw. my main interests are a mix of trail riding and i soon turn 16 and i plan on racing. do u think the outlaw would be a good fit?

plkmonster2
07-27-2006, 09:07 PM
I would not consider the outlaw for MX racing. It would be better in the trails and gncc though.

krt400ex
07-29-2006, 04:38 PM
it is a good quad except for a few things.

1. if u've ever had a quad then u know what it's like to ride with uneaven rear tire pressure. if u hit the throttle hard then the quad pulls to one side or the other depending on which tire is low. if u wheelie then the quad pulls to one side for the same reason as stated above. the outlaw has a tendancy to do this anyway if the rears suspension is compressed on one side more then the other.

2. in off camber situations the quad will pull down hill if u don't use very even throttle, because the rear end will squat and the suspension is likely to compress uneavenly because ur on a hill.

3. the outlaw has very little bottom end power. not so good for trails and gncc type racing.

4.it can't jump very high because of the weight that it carries. it weighs almost 450lbs. u will bottom out the shocks if u go higher then 5 ft. with a flat landing.

5.it is hard to slide because it exibits some slight body roll.

it's plusses r:

1. it's landings off jumps are very smooth.

2. lots of ground clearance

3. IRS

i would get the 450r. it has better bottom end power and better handling