PDA

View Full Version : race ready

426ex44
07-27-2006, 07:54 PM
i am ready to buy a new quad and i was wondering what quad is the best to race on a mx track without adding to many aftermarket parts
thanx

dunebuggie66
07-27-2006, 07:57 PM
the zuk is probably the most race ready quad out of the box, if you are racing mx that is.

blakefoote
07-28-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by dunebuggie66
the zuk is probably the most race ready quad out of the box, if you are racing mx that is.

yah if i could go back to when i was getting my 450er i would prob reconsider and get the Suzuki LT-R450

JRP
07-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by blakefoote
yah if i could go back to when i was getting my 450er i would prob reconsider and get the Suzuki LT-R450

same, that will probably be my next quad

Nick shupe
07-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Ok I'll admit the Suzuki is better out of the box for mx racing. But even still you need to get a pipe and remap it with the cherry bomb for that bike to really get the horse power out of it.

What's his I hear Jrp you're goin quit honda switch to suzuki, trader

Flodies400ex
07-28-2006, 01:39 PM
trader lol

and just because they are ready for racing look at the price and if you would buy the 450ER or R and you can get the HRC kit and everything that you need and it will own the LT-450 and the price will be the same lol

Honda all the way

JRP
07-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Nick shupe
Ok I'll admit the Suzuki is better out of the box for mx racing. But even still you need to get a pipe and remap it with the cherry bomb for that bike to really get the horse power out of it.

What's his I hear Jrp you're goin quit honda switch to suzuki, trader

haha theres no way ima switch anytime soon, my broke *** cant afford any more quads. haha, but the ltr is very nice, but it does lack alot of power stock.

tltcracing
07-28-2006, 03:26 PM
if you want to most complete quad right off the floor then go with the Suszuki but it comes at a price and still isnt 100% race ready. on the other hand the other quads can be made "race ready" for the difference in prices of the two. the yamaha and honda might not be as race ready but cand be made for about the same total price so you also need to consider what quad is right for you. unless you are not big on after market... just remeber you have to get nerfs, killswitch, number plates w/ numbers, and take the lights out any way you end up going.