PDA

View Full Version : So what next??

QuadJunkies
07-27-2006, 07:29 PM
We ordered my Daughter what was "supposed" to be stiffer springs for her Works Shocks,they arrived today and...

They sent her springs that was 2 inches SHORTER than what she already has!!:mad: they will NOT WORK!

We SPECIFICALLY told him what we wanted(something over 100 lbs) it apprears that NO ONE at Works knows WTF they sell or what they even put on her shocks!:ermm: they cant even find record of them! She has already blown a newly re-serviced front shock after 3 races,of only 2 races that she actually jumped really good sized air.

I am absoulutly to my whits ends with companies and there BS! It simply takes the fun out of the sport IMO.

WE also learned they set my Sons suspention up wrong as well,although his is handling pretty good(7 3/4 length vs 71/2in. that they should be )
They said she is already in the stiffest spring there is for her shocks and couldnt believe that she was bottoming them out ...You cant tell me there isnt other big air riders on minis that weigh 90-100 lbs.!

Now get this..... No one will answer there voice mail,no one who is there can say whether or not they can refund me for stuff they sold me that was WRONG.... I demanded a will call as well, Ill be darned if Im out the shipping too!!They said the person who runs the show at Works is very hard to reach,although we was told they WAS there,but let the call go to voice mail...I feel like Im being DODGED....

So heres my question...

where do I go with suspention? Do I leave it the way it is and just say to heck with it and she be done racing until next spring? We will be selling the minis shortly,the kids are outgrowing them and need to move on to other quads,but they still need these until they have replacements.

I think I mainly just needed to vent ... I am just so disgusted by all of us who spend so much for the sport and we feed these people who cant even get a simple spring issue fixed the RIGHT WAY the first time so they dont get hurt unneedlessly!!There is NO EXCUSE! My kids deserve better and so does our pocket books

QuadJunkies
07-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Oh, I have to tell you this too.. you will get a kick out of this one....

The salesman which Ill leave his name out of the post( FOR NOW) told us that he didnt bother sending a rear spring cause the fronts was the SAME SPRING spring and just use the old one up front and put one of them on the REAR....:huh :rolleyes: The are NOT the SAME!

He was not avail. to speak today.. Imagine that!
So we sit and wait and I guess maybe out the money.. Damn I feel cheated!

For all those companies out there that find this acceptable...

SHAME ON YOU!:grr:

Pappy
07-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Im sure C&D could help figure out the proper spring you need.

Thats why we run Elka, they have taken such good care of any need we have had that switching for us is unthinkable.

And your correct in needing to vent, far to many places just do not provide the needed service or lack the required knowldge to give anyone their moneys worth.

QuadJunkies
07-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Elka has been very good to us as well...

I wish we would have gone that route now :(
There MUSt be a larger spring, but Works said they dont make one .. I dont know what to believe anymore.

They still have ther championship race to get threw and need to keep up some seat time until we move on to something else.

Ill pick C&D's brain and see if they have any ideas .

markvette
07-27-2006, 08:37 PM
tina
i run works on bubbas. there are 2 length springs for them. i changed his springs to heavier ones last year. the short spring uses a spacer on top of it. i have the spacers off bubbas and the old springs. they are dual rate 60/80 pound springs. if you need the spacers let me know. if you call works again talk to sandy.

Mark

QuadJunkies
07-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by markvette
tina
i run works on bubbas. there are 2 length springs for them. i changed his springs to heavier ones last year. the short spring uses a spacer on top of it. i have the spacers off bubbas and the old springs. they are dual rate 60/80 pound springs. if you need the spacers let me know. if you call works again talk to sandy.

Mark thanks for the offer ;) thats very nice of you

they said that the ones they sent me was not as stiff as the ones she now has...

thats whats fusterating, two dif. saleman,and one being the guy who is supposed to know all ins and outs on setting up the suspention didnt even know a thing about the spring we already have .:confused: He kept asking me how we got the springswe have on ther now and we was like...."Um... since the shocks are notcolored, how would I know,YOU built them ..!" funny thing is while sitting on hold, in the background on the phone it talked about how they take so much time to make sure they are built to riders specs.. LOL.... But yet they dont KNOW THE SPECS???

Ill have to take apic of them sideby side and see if maybe you can tell WTF they sent me compared to what she has now . The ole one she has now looks MUCH better than what they sent us.

Some of the sales people need better training!

flht_db
07-28-2006, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
So we sit and wait and I guess maybe out the money.. Damn I feel cheated!

For all those companies out there that find this acceptable...

SHAME ON YOU!:grr:

QJ,

Did you pay by credit card? If so, call the CC company and have them put a hold or reverse the charge and list it as disputed. Don't like to do this but sometimes you have to.

They may call you back then.

Good luck,

Dennis

QuadJunkies
07-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by flht_db
QJ,

Did you pay by credit card? If so, call the CC company and have them put a hold or reverse the charge and list it as disputed. Don't like to do this but sometimes you have to.

They may call you back then.

Good luck,

Dennis

Good idea!! Thats EXACTLY what Ill do! It was actualyl my Debit Card,does that matter ??

flht_db
07-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Good idea!! Thats EXACTLY what Ill do! It was actualyl my Debit Card,does that matter ??

I don't think so but check with the bank.

300exOH
07-28-2006, 10:36 AM
You could always give Elka a call and they should be able to hook you up with springs for the works shocks. I know I was able to get elka springs for my rear works shock. Just a thought.

QuadJunkies
07-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
You could always give Elka a call and they should be able to hook you up with springs for the works shocks. I know I was able to get elka springs for my rear works shock. Just a thought.

Really ?? I would have NEVER guessed that :huh

300exOH
07-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Really ?? I would have NEVER guessed that :huh

Yeah. I put elkas w/zero preload shocks on the front and had TheQuadshop put elka springs on my rear works so they would be zero preload as well. My works shock feels much better with the elka sprins also. It's not quite as soft as it was with the factory springs which I like.

QuadJunkies
07-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Markvette~
I talked to Troy and he siad that he too thought MAYBE it needed a spacer,but this spring is competely the wrong one for this particualr shock .

Ill try and get a better pic later today.

QuadJunkies
07-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Yeah. I put elkas w/zero preload shocks on the front and had TheQuadshop put elka springs on my rear works so they would be zero preload as well. My works shock feels much better with the elka sprins also. It's not quite as soft as it was with the factory springs which I like.
the QuadShop is who I originally placed my order thew works with.

I wonder if I would be able to get any info from them atthe shop??

Wait... Didnt the shop close down?

300exOH
07-28-2006, 11:07 AM
the QuadShop is who I originally placed my order thew works with.

I wonder if I would be able to get any info from them atthe shop??

Wait... Didnt the shop close down?

Yeah. That's right quadshop is closed. Jeff might be able to give you some insight though. If not I'm sure C&D could help you out or you could call Elka directly.

QuadJunkies
07-28-2006, 11:17 AM
well, I talked to my bank. I have a dispute form in process. If I do not hear from them by Monday, It will be filed. We left them another message today...

BradLoomis
07-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Tina,

Get ahold Shane @ Wolf Pack Racing (http://www.wolfpackracing.com) or (219) 313 -1424. He just got done going through this with another kid. He specializes in suspensions. He's helped me a bunch.

markvette
07-28-2006, 04:46 PM
tina
this is a pic of bubbas works with the long spring on them

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/205/205961/pages/857905/1000887.jpg

markvette
07-28-2006, 04:48 PM
here is the short springs with spacers that was on the quad

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/205/205961/pages/857906/1000888.jpg

markvette
07-28-2006, 04:49 PM
close up of the spacers

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/205/205961/pages/857907/1000889.jpg

QuadJunkies
07-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Thanks.. your guys are so awesome! ;)

Well... after a very long talk on the phone with Works, they now realize they done ALOT WRONG with a few things on the kids suspention and for once someone is stepping FORWARD to make things RIGHT! :)
Apparently they was ordering Kelseys stuff off of Brandons specs cause they didnt have her shocks specs anymore and got the two mixed up, and also Brandons shock measurments were not right on either. They were TOTALLY clueless that they were not measuring up correctly(apparently someone here in Idaho was the one sending them specs that WASNT CORRECT!)
We recieved apoligies from not one but 3 people at the shop and is going to make sure both kids suspention will be exactly what they should be . They seemed genuine on the whole ordeal(stemming way back from initial purchase) and will rectify whatever it takes to get back on track.

Her Blaster will be the next project this fall, I sure hope things so smoother :scary:

Markvette, they are going to send spacers they just said the salesguy didnt apparently have the knowdlege to know that when he sent the springs :ermm: thank you SO much for the pics!

She about had a Coronary I guess when we told her about the front spring being used for the rear!:o :p I knew thatjust didnt sound right!!:confused:

QuadJunkies
07-28-2006, 11:54 PM
BTW ,hows both your boys doing racing lately??

badvox
07-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Hey QJ

Thanks for posting info like this. It helps everyone else make their decisions on who to spend their hard earned dollars with.

Hope it all works out. Uh, no pun intended!!

mike

QuadJunkies
07-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by badvox
Hey QJ
Hope it all works out. Uh, no pun intended!!

mike

LOL!:p

markvette
07-31-2006, 04:39 PM
glad i could help. bubba has not raced the eton since the new frame. just cant get our weekends right. race next week but i am having cataract surgery tomorrow so the dust will be a no no. may go to texas on the 19th to race there. ready for a road trip anyway. uibbas 300ex is coming along slow as dad is not rich and im having a hard time putting the eton up for sale. i really hate to part with it. the older son broke his frame in 3 places the same night bubba broke his. we bought him a new honda 400ex frame and have been doing all the fab work to put the yamaha yz426 motor in it. its about ready to go to the powdercoating shop and then be put back together.. glad you and works got things worked out. i only talk to sandy when i call there.

Mark

QuadJunkies
07-31-2006, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by markvette
glad i could help. bubba has not raced the eton since the new frame. just cant get our weekends right. race next week but i am having cataract surgery tomorrow so the dust will be a no no. may go to texas on the 19th to race there. ready for a road trip anyway. uibbas 300ex is coming along slow as dad is not rich and im having a hard time putting the eton up for sale. i really hate to part with it. the older son broke his frame in 3 places the same night bubba broke his. we bought him a new honda 400ex frame and have been doing all the fab work to put the yamaha yz426 motor in it. its about ready to go to the powdercoating shop and then be put back together.. glad you and works got things worked out. i only talk to sandy when i call there.

Mark

Im gonna have a fw questions for you tomorrow about his frame onceI get all the details from Troy. They got it Gusseted today but had a question about clearance on something,just not sure yet cause I was at work all night .

The spacers showed up today, they have done a full turn around and are actually showing some interest in some things they DIDNT know about there own suspention !:eek2: :p
We will see how it all pans out .
too bad you and Billy live so far apart from us. Would be fun to get all of our kids out for a wk end of racing together ;)

QuadJunkies
08-29-2006, 01:15 PM
We got things dialed in a little better this time around I THINK .they re-done Brandons with the measurements Troy gave them and even though its not fully essembled( we got it PC'd and Gussets) it sets more ergonimically correct. Brandons always handled really well,but just didnt look right....hopefully they will now even work BETTER. :) Kelseys is what needs the most
I think we might get to test out both new shocks this wk end.