PDA

View Full Version : A Weeks Notice?

MXRACER86
07-27-2006, 06:50 PM
I just got hired by a new job, how long of a notice should I give my old boss? one week? two week?

derekhonda
07-27-2006, 06:54 PM
2 weeks is pretty common, but not set in stone. Depends...you want to burn a bridge or keep a reference in case this job doesnt work out?

Did your new boss ask you to start a certain day?

PS...check your post count.

midnight
07-27-2006, 07:00 PM
I would go with 2weeks,thats usually what I give

416exmx
07-27-2006, 07:03 PM
2 weeks is pretty standard and courteous. Like mentioned above though, depends if you want to burn a bridge or not. My main salesman just quit and gave me basically 4 days notice :rolleyes: .

Pappy
07-27-2006, 07:12 PM
2 weeks is the norm....

My warehouse man just bailed on me, he was nice enough to wait until after I come back off vacation though:p

TRX_450
07-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
2 weeks is the norm....

My warehouse man just bailed on me, he was nice enough to wait until after I come back off vacation though:p

so does that mean you're hiring?!?!?!? feed me and give me a cot in the barn and im there :devil:

Pappy
07-27-2006, 07:24 PM
LOL, I geuss I am hiring.

In the past month I have lost 2 employee's. 1 had heart failure, the other was diagnosed with cancer in his spine and is on his death bed:(

Now the warehouse man leaving so that makes 3 open spots:p Looks like I will be a tad bit busy for awhile

416exmx
07-27-2006, 07:30 PM
LOL, I geuss I am hiring.

In the past month I have lost 2 employee's. 1 had heart failure, the other was diagnosed with cancer in his spine and is on his death bed:(

Now the warehouse man leaving so that makes 3 open spots:p Looks like I will be a tad bit busy for awhile

And I thought I was the only one with bad luck. I've lost 2 shop guys(canned one and no one knows what happened to the other) and the salesman leaving makes three also. Oh yeah, have had about 4 secretarys in the last year also. Granted I do have several good employees.

Pappy
07-27-2006, 07:35 PM
The bad part about all this for me is that the business is almost sold. Noone really knows exactly when the final sale will take place, anywhere from 90 days to who knows. Employees are looking for other jobs so I could be all by my lonesome soon:ermm:

My brother and my wife work for me, so I know they will work until the last penny is counted, but it sure seems alot of folks changing employemnt these days

xtullyx16
07-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Pappy will u be paid and everything?? Or will u have to get another job?? i hope not!! You havent done any of my parts but i'd sure go to u first if i needed anything!

Pappy
07-27-2006, 10:45 PM
I have been building up the powdercoating business for the past 3 years so that when the business is sold I can do pc work full time.

The wife actually applied to the state police:eek2: I dunno if i like her carrying a gun and a badge, ya'll might need to bail me out:D

Honda TRX250ex
07-27-2006, 10:53 PM
haha! we got you back pappy! no woman is gonna take are pappy away w/o a fight :macho

Pappy
07-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
haha! we got you back pappy! no woman is gonna take are pappy away w/o a fight :macho

I dunno dude, a crazy b!tch with a badge and gun is something to be skeert of:chinese:

Honda TRX250ex
07-27-2006, 10:57 PM
I dunno dude, a crazy b!tch with a badge and gun is something to be skeert of:chinese:
heh you married her...

Pappy
07-27-2006, 11:07 PM
LOL...the gun and badge dont worry me really:o

I just have visions of being tazerd when I dont put my socks away:eek2:

(she is applying for a clerical job, but if hired she has to do the 6 week training course, qualify with the handgun and what not)

Honda TRX250ex
07-27-2006, 11:10 PM

(she is applying for a clerical job, but if hired she has to do the 6 week training course, qualify with the handgun and what not)
Haha pappy you ever watch the show simpsons where homers wife marge becomes a cop? Better get use to putting your closes away!

Hondadudeehhhh
07-28-2006, 09:27 AM
One of my buddies called in a day he was suppose to work and told them he wasnt going to work for them. The worst they can do is not give a reference.

underpowered
07-28-2006, 10:03 AM

ROFL that is hilarious. i would be scared of the taser too lol. i can see you starting to do alot of work on your honey do list to stay on her good side and out of the sights of teh taser.

insaneracin2003
07-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Just curious Ken,what business are you selling?

Pappy
07-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Its a distribution company, franshised. I havent posted the name because of the franshise rights and what not. Its been in the same family for 35 years...time to move on:p

xtullyx16
07-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Soo is BK performance shutting down??:( if it is i should send in sum parts real quick! lol

insaneracin2003
07-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by xtullyx16
Soo is BK performance shutting down??:( if it is i should send in sum parts real quick! lol
no,bk is not shutting down,he will have all of atvriders.com at his doorstep wanting to use his wifes tazer on him.:chinese:

Pappy
07-28-2006, 02:28 PM
LOL...BK is just getting fired up:cool:

insaneracin2003
07-28-2006, 02:49 PM
LOL...BK is just getting fired up:cool:
hey pappy,it is showing that you are ONLINE,:eek: ya cant hide from me now.hehehehe:devious:

Pappy
07-28-2006, 02:50 PM
LOL...I dunno why i always had that turned off. Now that I am on satelite I figured I would turn that option on.

07-28-2006, 02:56 PM

The wife actually applied to the state police:eek2: I dunno if i like her carrying a gun and a badge, ya'll might need to bail me out:D

Sounds kind of sexual. She'll be the dirty cop and you'll be the columbian druglord with a shady past but wanting to change. And the only way to change is through several hours of abuse. Sucks to be you man.

Pappy
07-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
Sounds kind of sexual. She'll be the dirty cop and you'll be the columbian druglord with a shady past but wanting to change. And the only way to change is through several hours of abuse. Sucks to be you man.

LOL....we have been married for 15 years, I dont think role playing will help.

But I am willing to try just for the sake of trying:devil:

07-28-2006, 03:04 PM
LOL....we have been married for 15 years, I dont think role playing will help.

But I am willing to try just for the sake of trying:devil:

That's the spirit. I'm sure she'll provide the handcuffs and tazer. It might be a little rough, but nothing a band-aid can't fix the next day.

popo
07-28-2006, 04:00 PM
I have been building up the powdercoating business for the past 3 years so that when the business is sold I can do pc work full time.

Yikes :eek2: bro don't worry about the gun...worry about the taser she's gonna use on your ***, next comes the mace than cuffs.

I've got an extra room if you need it.

Pappy
07-28-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by popo
Yikes :eek2: bro don't worry about the gun...worry about the taser she's gonna use on your ***, next comes the mace than cuffs.

I've got an extra room if you need it.

You arent suckering me in...you also carry a gun, a badge , mace and a tazer:grr: pappy dont play dat:devil:

fatkid400
07-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Oh man .....pappy in handcuffs and tazer wires coming off his nipps.... Not the mental pic I want just befor going to bed....I need a cold chil shiver smilie:p