PDA

View Full Version : Vibration??

SicRipp83
07-27-2006, 06:31 PM
hey guys gals

Im having a problem with my quad vibrating at mid range and maybe more threw out the power band. this is really starting to irritate me it comes up through the handle bars and isnt good for riding and i dont know what it could be is it possible the fuel mixture is off alittle bit? i just piped it and k&n air filterd it. i went with the jets dyno jet said to put in but i know its a possiblily. but the performance is their so i dont know

any thing would be great thanks

johnsls
07-28-2006, 07:00 AM
Can it be you have something loose? Maybe a motor mount bracket:confused: :confused: :confused:

ckasper18
07-28-2006, 07:12 AM
Do you have a frame skid plate on it check the bolts that are attached to the steering stem make sure handle bar clamps are tight check the nut on the bottom side of frame that tigtens up the steering stem check the clamps in front of the gas tank that hold the steering stem in place.

400exstud
07-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Mine vibrates quite a bit too at mid-range. I just live with it.

troutman561
07-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Hmmm.. Id have to seconds something loose dealing with the bars or stem.. but worse comes to worse just have a few girls ride with you, I hear vibration will aid in leading to better things:)

SicRipp83
07-29-2006, 08:24 PM
this is true through on the gas tank they would have a great ride lol but its a different story come race time adds to the fatiuge

lyrikz74
08-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by SicRipp83
hey guys gals

Im having a problem with my quad vibrating at mid range and maybe more threw out the power band. this is really starting to irritate me it comes up through the handle bars and isnt good for riding and i dont know what it could be is it possible the fuel mixture is off alittle bit? i just piped it and k&n air filterd it. i went with the jets dyno jet said to put in but i know its a possiblily. but the performance is their so i dont know

any thing would be great thanks

Did you ever figure out your vibration? My 2008 gets this resonating vibration through the handle bars just above the midrange. Drives me nuts. Its getting worse...

mjc400ex
08-25-2010, 11:18 AM
My engine skid plate was vibrating like crazy. I ended up gluing rubber to my skid plate where it hits the frame and the vibration was drastically reduced. It looks kind of cheesy but not I can actually ride the thing without having my fillings vibrated out. Also, the skid plate was causing my engine mount bolts to loosen up.

lyrikz74
08-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by mjc400ex
My engine skid plate was vibrating like crazy. I ended up gluing rubber to my skid plate where it hits the frame and the vibration was drastically reduced. It looks kind of cheesy but not I can actually ride the thing without having my fillings vibrated out. Also, the skid plate was causing my engine mount bolts to loosen up.

Mines coming right from the head. LIke the steering head. I will find it.. ahah

quadmanw
08-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Most of the time if you have the 'death shake' or vibration its in your front end. most of the time its because the tie rods aren't set right. I'd try that.. and a tip for less fatique take the handle bar caps off the end and fill it with spray foam. its actually helps alot and dosent mess anything up. just make sure you put the caps back on (;

honda400ex2003
08-27-2010, 12:34 PM
or you could have a bearing going out if you have sort of a death shake like mentioned above. steve

lyrikz74
08-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by quadmanw
Most of the time if you have the 'death shake' or vibration its in your front end. most of the time its because the tie rods aren't set right. I'd try that.. and a tip for less fatique take the handle bar caps off the end and fill it with spray foam. its actually helps alot and dosent mess anything up. just make sure you put the caps back on (;

Mines a resonance vibration from the front through the bars.

quadmanw
08-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Sounds to me like somethings loose in the front end. could be a tie rod end or steering stem bolt.

hocman123
08-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
or you could have a bearing going out if you have sort of a death shake like mentioned above. steve

x2 that was the first think i thought of

jack up ur front end and see if u have a lot of play in the tires

ridein'red7
08-27-2010, 06:37 PM
haha anti vibe stem will do wonders haha