PDA

View Full Version : who's ridden at ballance moto x?

300ex mxracer
07-27-2006, 05:19 PM
im tryin to get an idea of how fast the track is, how rough, big jumps, set-up for quads or bikes, etc... never been there before and the pics on the site dont work on my computer. is it faster than my 300 with 18''s stock gearing will go? im willing to drop a few teeth in the back to compensate.

JRP
07-27-2006, 05:21 PM
if you go here.... http://ronronmx.com/default_forums.html then go to mx/sx talk, then scroll down u will see "pics from ballance mx" i know its dirtbikes but itll do.

Nick shupe
07-27-2006, 06:25 PM
I was wanting to go there this year for the nats. but that ant happen. Anyway the track looks like a lot from thoses pictures though it looks a bite on the small side looks more like a district track still looks like fun though :D

Quad Boy 660r
07-27-2006, 10:01 PM
My bud raced there to qualify for LL regionals. He said it rutted up real easy, and the jumps were big, and Bill Ballance sucks on a Ute quad.

hardkoratvmxr
07-27-2006, 10:27 PM
your 300ex will be way to slow with 18s and stock gearing. the jumps are also quite large and it does not get rutted up quite easily. they groom it very often and take good care of it. my motor is bored out and i think that i am going to run 14/36 or 13/36 on the track. i will be there the 12th and hope to be making the uphill tripple

IOWAracer
07-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Well from a article i read that Bill was interviewed for aboutt he track he said its a rougher track cause thats the way he likes it and its mainly set up for quads seeing as thats what he rides just what i read...
broc

440racer66
07-28-2006, 12:44 AM
i know a guy who rides it queit frequently says its a fun track a fast track

jesshamner
07-28-2006, 08:39 AM
I rode the first track set up and it was great! Its always prepped and I dont remember it getting rutted up any more than any mx track that allows quads and bikes in the same day. Its ran in a professional manner and being that Bill Ballance designed it, quads are at home on the track.

This season they switched the direction. I haven't rode it this season but a friend of mine has. He also rode the track last season. He said it is about the same difficulty.

Last season, I'm pretty sure there was a kid on a 300ex hitting almost everything.

I highly recommend this track! Its a great facility and it is run very professionally.

300ex mxracer
07-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
your 300ex will be way to slow with 18s and stock gearing. the jumps are also quite large and it does not get rutted up quite easily. they groom it very often and take good care of it. my motor is bored out and i think that i am going to run 14/36 or 13/36 on the track. i will be there the 12th and hope to be making the uphill tripple

i wont have any trouble with power, i didnt know if i would run out of top end fast but i guess ill drop a few teeth on the back.

hardkoratvmxr
07-28-2006, 02:08 PM
i never said you would lose power but you will be way behind with the topend that you are losing

300ex mxracer
07-28-2006, 03:37 PM
when you said that your motor is bored, i thought u meant u would have enough power able to pull 14/36. my motor is also bored, cam, high-comp piston, etc...

hardkoratvmxr
07-28-2006, 04:10 PM
no i was just saying that was the gearing i was goin to be running and that my motor was bored out. but besides the point i had no motor mods besides a k&n and hmf slip on and can pull 14/36 nicely. so you should be fine running 13/36 or 14/36 at the track with the mods you have. but 13/38 with 18s wont be the best setting for a 300ex

BEARAZZ
07-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Whatz up... I ws there a couple of months ago and they had re surfaced it and i didn't like it.. It was still soft and the bikes had rutted it out bad . I had problems keeping my speed and clearing the jumps.. But they have probably have fixed this by now.