PDA

View Full Version : radials

TravEX
08-21-2002, 05:39 PM
i'm wondering about radials (auto) for the rear of my 400, i found radials for the front, http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp?startIndex=0&width=145%2F&ratio=0&diameter=10&search=true&pagelen=20&pagenum=1&pagemark=1&do=Search , what sizes would go on the rear? and would i have to get different wheels for the rear?,,,the reason i'm wanting radials is cause i ride ALOT of gravel and back roads, and some pavement between farms and hunting,,,thanks

flaneledholes
08-21-2002, 06:11 PM
I dont think they make fat enough tires for the rear, Why do you want radials on the rear, the are pretty much useless back there... If you was meaning the stock tires(ohtsu radials) look in the back of a couple of dirtwheels they have advertisements, if I see it again I will post the web-site...But you do not want car radials in the rear, trust me and I think ne one else will agree here...

TravEX
08-21-2002, 07:04 PM
i'm just tinkering with the idea, i already have 2 complete sets of wheels and tires (stock radials and some XC's), i would only use them when i was riding mostly pavement and hard packed gravel,,,i'm not gonna take them on the MX track, hehehe,,,later

flaneledholes
08-21-2002, 07:36 PM
I still dont see them being an effective product for the rear... You still need with and I dont know a rim that skinny that will fit on the rear.. As the old saying goes," your **** outta luck" sorry dude...

08-21-2002, 09:19 PM
you could run some hard compound rear tt tires... they would last longer than knobies

TravEX
08-22-2002, 06:01 AM
thanks sma416, that's what i wanna hear,,,you have any suggestions on brands?,,,later

TravEX
08-22-2002, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by flaneledholes
I still dont see them being an effective product for the rear... You still need with and I dont know a rim that skinny that will fit on the rear.. As the old saying goes," your **** outta luck" sorry dude...

k, thanks,,,i'll look into the hard compound tires then,,,later

racin 400
08-22-2002, 07:36 PM
For TT tires get american racer from nacs u can get hard or soft compound your choice.

TravEX
08-22-2002, 08:36 PM
k, thanks