PDA

View Full Version : slip on exhaust w/lid or w/o lid

rancher350rider
07-27-2006, 02:15 PM
im geting a dr.d slip on should i run it with out the lid or with the lid ? also what type of filter should i get ? also is the FMFQ2 better then the DRD
thanks

tltcracing
07-27-2006, 03:11 PM
if you want more power take the lid off. the FMF Q2 is more of a silent pipe than the Dr.D so it will feel more choked up. a UNI filter is the most cost effective filter to buy but you should also check out K&N.

Flodies400ex
07-28-2006, 02:21 PM
you have to remember to rejet when you take off your lid with the pip ebecause it will lose power and it run like ****

Pappy
07-29-2006, 06:00 AM
we ran a Dr. D, stage 2 hot cams, Uni filter, open lid 180 main jet. It ran ok, but wouldnt be my first choice in a slip on

B450r
07-29-2006, 06:29 PM
If you take off the lid ur going to be gettin to much air and it won't run properly(IF YOU RUN A STOCK AIR FILTER).........(trust me, i've done it before).....

bout the filter...

it depends on what king of conditions you ride in.....
if you ride in reel dusty conditions i would consider running with the air box on cuz it will ruin your motor....

if you ride in.... maybe sumthing like hills or sumthing like that with not that much dust then i would run a k&n air filter with the air box top OFF.....