PDA

View Full Version : Banshee Sprocket

honda400exrider
08-21-2002, 04:58 PM
OMG LOOK AT THAT MONSTER!!!!!! the sprocket i mean, lol. how many teeth do u guys think that is? and y would they want something sooooooooooo big? thanx

flaneledholes
08-21-2002, 06:05 PM
I have seen many dragsters with huge rear cogs, the reason, I dunno but In my theory(im not a dragster person but here goes) I think they do it to get the gearing JUST right and because of the huge paddles too, I think they use huge paddles is because you can get more paddles on the tire... I just guesstamated here and let someone else tell you, man thats alot of typing for nothing...

True rider
08-21-2002, 10:30 PM
Have you seen dirt wheels old issue, they have a raptor with a huge 75 tooth sprocket 2 turn monster super swampers.
guess it turns the bigger tire.

honda400exrider
08-22-2002, 04:52 PM
how many teeth do u think that has then?

08-22-2002, 05:13 PM
its because the huge tires gives it top end, and with the stock rear sprocket they most likely wouldnt have no bottom so they would hvae slow acceleration, so they put the huge rear sprocket on so they would have plenty of bottom for fast acceleration, and b able 2 turn them huge tires with like 20 paddles wich gives it the top end

bluebaron
08-22-2002, 06:16 PM
i thinking about 75, b/c the one in dirtwheels look about the same size

FullBore52
08-22-2002, 06:30 PM
They do that because the high dollar drag motors (looks like a four cylinder two stroke in this case) have a VERY good top end with little bottom end...this bike is probably set up for sand mountain with that big of a sprocket. I saw a CBR900RR motor in a shee with a sprocket about that size and it was setup just for shooting up sand mountain...it just gives it the right gearing for going up the big hills. (even with that big rear sprocket, the bike hit 100 easily on the flats)

Sick0
08-22-2002, 07:08 PM
Thats a crazy looking banshee. You the begger sprocket gets it a fast take off. Them huge paddle tires get awsome hook up.