PDA

View Full Version : help with a 250ex

nightowl24
07-26-2006, 10:35 PM
got a 2002 250ex, it has been serviced from tip to tip. since the last service it was driven maybe 6-7 miles, the last time it was cranked was two weeks ago. i drove it yesterday and it drives fine but it wouldn't idle properly, so i fixed the idle. it idles perfect now.

when i was done riding today i turned the engine off and there was gas coming out of a hose that came from the bottom of the carburetor. i looked at the engine for an hr or so trying to find where that hose goes, so i went to a neighbor that has had four wheelers for sometime. he looked it over(we even flipped the wheeler up so get a better view of the engine), he couldn't find a place either. he then said that he thinks it is the overflow hose. we cranked it again and it drove fine and the leaking stopped. i turned the engine off and waited for it to start again, but it didn't start. this leads me to believe that he is correct.

my question is does the 2002 250ex have an overflow hose? if not i will take it to an atv repair place for them to reattach the hose because i'm going to one of the atv parks here in houston this weekend and would rather not mess up the bike or have it shut off and die in fron of hundreds. your help is really appreciated.

07-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by nightowl24
got a 2002 250ex, it has been serviced from tip to tip. since the last service it was driven maybe 6-7 miles, the last time it was cranked was two weeks ago. i drove it yesterday and it drives fine but it wouldn't idle properly, so i fixed the idle. it idles perfect now.

when i was done riding today i turned the engine off and there was gas coming out of a hose that came from the bottom of the carburetor. i looked at the engine for an hr or so trying to find where that hose goes, so i went to a neighbor that has had four wheelers for sometime. he looked it over(we even flipped the wheeler up so get a better view of the engine), he couldn't find a place either. he then said that he thinks it is the overflow hose. we cranked it again and it drove fine and the leaking stopped. i turned the engine off and waited for it to start again, but it didn't start. this leads me to believe that he is correct.

my question is does the 2002 250ex have an overflow hose? if not i will take it to an atv repair place for them to reattach the hose because i'm going to one of the atv parks here in houston this weekend and would rather not mess up the bike or have it shut off and die in fron of hundreds. your help is really appreciated.

your floats are sticking

take the carb apart and clean it out

400eXr1d3rZ
07-27-2006, 12:41 AM
All ATV's and Dirtbikes have overflow tubes, your float is sticking just like Kickstart_Sucks says.

07-27-2006, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
All ATV's and Dirtbikes have overflow tubes, your float is sticking just like Kickstart_Sucks says.

my friends arctic cat 250 doesnt

:o

it always gets flooded and bogs and shuts off when i do kat walks on it :p

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/1054/dscf0007so0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

400eXr1d3rZ
07-27-2006, 12:58 AM
Well, everyone i've seen so far does.

07-27-2006, 12:59 AM
there is a 1st for everything

nightowl24
07-27-2006, 04:46 PM
thanx for the reply guys...on the way home i stopped by an atv repair shop(not with the atv). i gave them the run down they basically said the same thing(this is was before i was able to read this). they told me that i needed my carburetor rebuilt. i'm damn near positive that it doesn't need to be rebuilt. i knew going in that they would tell me either they needed me to bring it in so they could look at it or they would tell me that i needed to bring in the part so they could fix it.

thanx for the help guys, it is really appreciated.