PDA

View Full Version : Pro Armor Tether on 06ER!!!

GIXXER1KR
07-26-2006, 10:16 PM
So the shorter wire on the Pro Armor tether gos to the frame(ground).And the longer wire to the black with white tracer(hot) on the 06er right!!!????

tfuchs
07-26-2006, 10:42 PM
doesnt matter.

wanna_be_ridn
07-26-2006, 11:01 PM
ya shouldnt matter... but if u did like me and got rid of ur key then its a lil bit tricky i got rid of my key and installed pro design teether and took me awhile to figure out why my battery would always be dead, didnt matter if the teether was there or not the battery was always dead... sucked...

DirtDevilBT
07-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by GIXXER1KR
So the shorter wire on the Pro Armor tether gos to the frame(ground).And the longer wire to the black with white tracer(hot) on the 06er right!!!????

If you want the best answer and safest one, look at which wire comes out of the metel part of the killswitch. That wire will be your ground wire. Either one will work, but some people report getting shocked by them. To be safe, I guess, the ground wire is the one coming from the metel side of the switch.

4ABURN
07-27-2006, 06:28 AM
I hooked mine to the ground at the regulator, and just behind it there is a 2 wire plug with a blue wire in it . this is the triger from your pickup coil hook into it and your golden....NO battery problems no shocks,and all conectios are under the hood.:D

tltcracing
07-27-2006, 09:37 AM
i keep telling ppl but they dont remember... just splice the new killswitch into the old one. i doesnt matter wich wire goes to what. if you cant find the wires are just open up the "black box" on the handle bars and look at the backside of the stock switch. i think its easier to splice the ground into an existing ground rather than hopeing it stays put on a bolt.

bobbo97f150
07-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by tltcracing
i keep telling ppl but they dont remember... just splice the new killswitch into the old one. i doesnt matter wich wire goes to what. if you cant find the wires are just open up the "black box" on the handle bars and look at the backside of the stock switch. i think its easier to splice the ground into an existing ground rather than hopeing it stays put on a bolt.

It does matter. Like previously stated, if you run a hot wire to the silver side of the switch, it will shock you.

tltcracing
07-27-2006, 06:44 PM
i never got shocked, is it just a ER thing? mabey i just got lucky and got it right about four times then:confused:

bobbo97f150
07-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Mine shocked me on my 04 R. If you run a hot wire to the metal piece on the killswitch......well, it doesn't take a genius to figure out. Go out and give it a try and report back.

tltcracing
07-27-2006, 06:59 PM
i dont mean put the wire on the metal peace. i mean just look at it to get the colors of the wires. then cut the rubber cover to get to the wires and sodder away. but then again what do i know (nothing about elecrical work), i must have just got lucky.

DirtDevilBT
07-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Follow the wires from the stock killswitch down under the hood. It will split into two... a the hell with it.

http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=1735