PDA

View Full Version : 30 days, on FX....ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION debate...

coolguy8769
07-26-2006, 09:37 PM
OK IT’S ON AGAIN AT 11 Eastern Time SO GO WATCH
Thought I would tell u, let me edit what I am typing because it just started again, its going to take me awhile to type

alright this is a show on FX that the guy from SUPERSIZE ME hosts, on this one a MINUTE MAN (if u don't know what that is they are citizens that volunteer to look for border crossers) alright well he has to get ride of all identification and go live with a "ILLEGAL" family, become a day labor sleep in their two room house in east LA and speed all 30 day living with them and their family, it really gives another side to the immigration debate that is tearing this country apart! Now I am only 16 so I am not a strong political person, but I do live in the DC metro area, which has one of the LARGEST Mexican/central American immigrant populations, I see the side that the "pro USA" is talking about, how they are taking jobs from so many people. The crime in the low income communities and ECT, this show showed me a side I thought I knew but I actually never knew. it showed how they really lived and they have a lot to say if u just listen to the people, towards the end I even got teary eyed, now I am 16 and that RARLY every happens. I believe that u should be here and come her LEGALLY!! I got angry when I saw the protest with all the Mexican flags ECT. now yes I understand be proud of ur heritage but u aren’t living in Mexico or any other country u came to America u should fly the American flag, this brought a new few to my mind and I wanted to share it if u catch this show please sit down and watch it with an opened mind

Please don't make this a political fight, say Ur opinion but it’s that ur opinion everyone has one, and everyone isn't going to agree don't get this closed please

And I know there are some Latino’s on this site don't take this the wrong way at all or an immigrants for that matter, thank you

07-26-2006, 09:58 PM
I watched the one where he eat fast foods every day and he gained lots of weight:eek2:

sakirocket28
07-26-2006, 10:45 PM
i jus watched the episode, and it shed light on some big stuff. i personally think that even though these ppl are coming to America to make a better life for themselves and their famlies, they should atleast have enough respect for our country to do it legally. and it really pisses me off that they will come here illegally, and then have the nerve to march down out streets and protest against our laws.... just my $.02

LTZ400rider
07-26-2006, 10:49 PM
i think all illegals caught should live in mexican style prisons and clean up the side of the highways

bwamos
07-27-2006, 07:34 AM
I have no problem with immigrants. Infact most mexican immigrants I know are a LOT harder workers than us lazy fat white folk.. lol.

The honest ones, however, are paying the price for the dishonest deadbeats.

All current illegal immigrants should be required to register with the US for a work pass. They should also be required to pay taxes. They use the same things I do. Why should they get a free pass. With Federal, State, County, SS, medicare, local, sales, and property taxes I'm forking out 44.3% of my pay every year.

If the millions not currently paying any taxes could contribute their appropriate ammount (not nearly as much for a low income family) then perhaps everyone in the country could see even a 1% saving on their taxes. (That would be $400 at an income of $40k.) I know I could sure use that extra $400.

In short.. if they want to be here.. they should register legally, and pay taxes. That's all i ask. I don't want to ship them back. They work jobs that most of us would never want to do, unless you like slapping hot tar on a roof in 105deg weather for $8/hr.

juanki
07-27-2006, 11:06 AM
i was doing a research how all the illigals can become legal, what i've found,

first, you have to have a working visa, and that its easy when you are hired by a company, there are certain aspects to consider. https://www.immigration-bureau.org/employment.htm

after a period of some time, i think its 5 years, you can become a citizen. https://www.immigration-bureau.org/citizenship.htm

when you apply for citizenship you have a test, i just wonder if everybody know the answer to all the cuestions... https://www.immigration-bureau.org/questions.htm

i think that all american citizens should know all the answers, i could answer a few, but not all. if you read them, tell me if you know them all.. if not also tell.

dont get me wrong about this, i 'm just wondering about this questions.

quadsquadron221
07-27-2006, 01:55 PM
The guy that made the show is very biased in these matters. He is pushing his liberal agenda. He is showing one family and their struggles and the "everybody is a human life" and all that bull****. They will tell you nothing of the hundreds of thousands of them that are in the gangs such as ms 13 in california. Or the ones running drugs across the border. They are hurting americans plain and simple. I dont care if they only hurt one american citizen in one way thats to much. The borders need to be secured and the illegals need to be deported. These liberal activists have everybodys minds all screwed up. These are the people doing all this stuff about getting out of the war in iraq. They say why does America have the right to get involved in other countrys and let them be and all that. Yet they are all for taking care of mexican citizens. In that show you will see a woman taking cans and crap to recycle and making a big deal about 40 sum bucks or somthing like that. What they didnt tell you is that your tax dollars are paying for their house, clothes, food, daughters education everything. YOUR MONEY. The daughter gets a scholarship in the show. Again americans paying her way through school. Americans are giving these people more than they are giving to American families living in poverty in our own country. But they are not goign to tell you about any of that.

quadsquadron221
07-27-2006, 01:58 PM
I can answer about every one of those questions about the us. And i agree every person coming in should know them. Along with speaking english.

Pappy
07-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Come here legally fine..no problem

Come here illegally, swing from a rope. There is no excuse for running our country down. They may be seeking a better life, but I dont want to sacrifice my lifestyle for them!

Someone mentioned in another thread about them (illegals) being consumers. They purchase alot fo the lower end products with lower profit margins. They turn an area that was once middle class citiizens into lower class poverty areas. If you dont believe that, take a ride into the areas in any city in this country!

For the record, I am not against any one race, I am Pro American! and anti-illegal!

bulkdriverlp
07-27-2006, 03:45 PM
there isnt many up here, but i welcome them, i dont want to pick pickles, somebody has to do it.

jesshamner
07-27-2006, 03:59 PM
The US should welcome immagrant...legal immagrants. That is what this country is founded upon. We are the melting pot. These illegal immagrants are a problem.

ms13 isn't just a problem in California. In the tiny town of Charlestown, IN, our police have to deal with drug runners and dealers who are members of ms13. Its a serious issue here for sure. They come here, work for low wages tax free, buy cars to drive around with no license or insurance, buy houses and take over a neighborhood just to run it down. The POS cars that they buy don't last long and end up in the yard or driveway. There is always about 30 of them living in one house. They crash into you and don't have insurance (happened to 2 of my friends in the last year). It has to stop! And to come into our nation illegally and demand more help (education...etc) is all kinds of wrong.