PDA

View Full Version : 250R Clutch Upgrade to 89 Style

nuttynewt
08-21-2002, 02:24 PM
What all parts are different in the 89 clutch than in the 86-88 clutches? In other words, what is required to upgrade my 86? I'm looking at rebuilding my bottom end yet this year and will probably go through the clutch at the same time. And also, what exactly is the benefit of doing this switch?

CBW
08-21-2002, 04:21 PM
you can get the clutch upgrade kit at nacs......or from your local dealer.......

Honda part number 06220-HB9-305

It consists of a new pressure plate, push rod, push rod end, needle bearing and thrust washer.

The benefit is it getrs rid of the 3 steel balls in the original clutch that wear down and they wear the push rod down making the clutch hard to engage/disengage possibly. The needle bearing and thrust washer are much smoother and wll last longer.

Hope i helped. :D

Teufel
08-21-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by CHRIS WATERS
you can get the clutch upgrade kit at nacs......or from your local dealer.......

Honda part number 06220-HB9-305

It consists of a new pressure plate, push rod, push rod end, needle bearing and thrust washer.

The benefit is it getrs rid of the 3 steel balls in the original clutch that wear down and they wear the push rod down making the clutch hard to engage/disengage possibly. The needle bearing and thrust washer are much smoother and wll last longer.

Hope i helped. :D

What He said!!!!!!! :D

nuttynewt
08-22-2002, 07:43 AM
That works. Thanks for the info!!!