PDA

View Full Version : camcorder to computer help

nosliw
07-26-2006, 01:15 PM
any way to get video from my JVC GR-SXM37U Compact S-VHS Camcorder to my MacBook?

insaneracin2003
07-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
any way to get video from my JVC GR-SXM37U Compact S-VHS Camcorder to my MacBook?
I have the same dilemma,my puter does not have rca jacks on it anywhere. they must make an adapter or sumthing.

Quad18star
07-26-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm trying to figure this out right now also . I have a Panasonic PV-GS31 camcorder and trying to connect it to my computer which runs Windows XP . I'm having no luck at all . I suck when it comes to this techy chit !!!!!

insaneracin2003
07-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I'm trying to figure this out right now also . I have a Panasonic PV-GS31 camcorder and trying to connect it to my computer which runs Windows XP . I'm having no luck at all . I suck when it comes to this techy chit !!!!!
techy chit :confused: ,lol,i know what ya mean greg

CannondaleRider
07-26-2006, 03:27 PM
If you have the ability to connect these cameras to A/V inputs(on a TV or something), then you can buy an adapter to put your video on a computer.

The one I have to transfer my Digital 8 or Hi8, is a Pinnacle Dazzle adapter. Can't remember the price, but it works good....I just need an external hard drive, because I don't have ***** for space on this computer.

If you can't use A/V cables....then I have no idea how to get them onto a computer

Quad18star
07-26-2006, 03:32 PM
What's the difference between a DV connection and USB ??

I'm thinking the reason I'm having problems is because I'm supposed to be connecting with a DV cable instead of using the USB . The camera came with the USB cables but not the DV cable . :macho

I just wanna connect it , so I can show you guys a wild ride of me on my Grizzly at some pulls . :blah:

plkmonster2
07-26-2006, 04:50 PM
A standard DV is 5 pin, USB is 4, and Firewire is 6. My Canon is a 4 pin DV. You can get a DV to USB or a DV to firewire, depending on what your computer has. To connect RCA cables to a computer, you have get get an adapter. I got one at radioshack. Just ask. I think it was 25 alone, or 50 with editing software.

insaneracin2003
07-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by plkmonster2
A standard DV is 5 pin, USB is 4, and Firewire is 6. My Canon is a 4 pin DV. You can get a DV to USB or a DV to firewire, depending on what your computer has. To connect RCA cables to a computer, you have get get an adapter. I got one at radioshack. Just ask. I think it was 25 alone, or 50 with editing software.
sweet,thanks for the info!!!