PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestion?

jal232
07-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Have an 06 YFZ. Just had rear brake caliper powder coated by Pappy(very nice work). Installed fine. Removed parking brake assemble and installed new brake block off on caliper. Used old gasket. ( no tears, not a thing wrong with it) Well put my fluid in and started to bleed brakes. I am getting a leak from the under side of that block off. I took it off. scraped a bit of powder that remained (thinking that was the problem) re-installed and stll leaking. AM i doing something wrong. THere has to be gasket between teh two metals..Is there any kind of sealant i can used to seal them up? instead of the gasket..OR whats you guys thoughts on this? I just dont know what else to do..THanks

bansheexcracer2
07-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Go to auto zone or walmart and get gasket matirial or RTV silicon. You can double up the gaskets or just put that liquid gasket over the one you have.

Pappy
07-26-2006, 04:12 PM
There should be a gasket. Replace it and you should be good to go

WheelieMan4
07-26-2006, 05:09 PM
How do you know if you have a leak? Because I put mine on and I dont remember seeing a gasket or anything?? Thanks...

bansheexcracer2
07-26-2006, 11:09 PM
You will see fluid leaking out

jal232
07-27-2006, 07:20 AM
Oh yeah,,fluid pours out when i apply pressure on the brake for sure. (Pappy, I know there is a gasket cause you sent it back with my caliper,,,its really thin,,like paper though...or is that somethin you put there to cover up the inside from gettin powder on?) I dunno I'll hae to check tonight again...Thanks for all the input,,Ill let you guys know..

Josh

Colby@C&DRacing
07-27-2006, 08:08 AM
There is an o-ring on the shaft that comes out of the caliper the shaft that the parking break used to push on. You might want to replace that o-ring.

jal232
07-27-2006, 09:34 AM
oh okay...ill check that out tonight also..thanks C&D