PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this with there ER

4ABURN
07-26-2006, 10:22 AM
It sounds like I have little bits of rubber in both my back tires, it bugs the crap out of me. I don,t know why there in there. How do you guys break the beed at home. thank for any help.....

crazedape
07-26-2006, 10:46 AM
It is little dirt and mud balls. Don't worry about it. It will just keep on happening. Happens to every quad I have owned. From raptors down to a 250r. I do have a 450r and it just happens.

4ABURN
07-26-2006, 11:08 AM
How in the heck does it get in there. I have put 5 psi in these tires when brought it home and it has stayed ther ever sence. IF mud gets in there wouldn't air get out.I am new to ATVs so I might just not know what I am taking about. But thanks for your help. PS I have never had a flat.

crazedape
07-26-2006, 11:12 AM
I haven't ever had a flat. I don't know how it works but it gets in there. Can you notice it when you ride or just when you are pushing it out of your garage not running? I wouldn't worry about it. Just ride the crap out of it and have fun.

400excracer
07-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by crazedape
It is little dirt and mud balls. Don't worry about it. It will just keep on happening. Happens to every quad I have owned. From raptors down to a 250r. I do have a 450r and it just happens. Like he said.

Quad18star
07-26-2006, 12:05 PM
When I've taken off my tires , I've found small little balls of rubber . My best guess is that this is being caused by the rim slipping a bit when hammering the throttle .

One thing you can try and do to see if your rim is slipping a bit , is take some whiteout and mark the tire and rim . After some hard riding , take a look and see if they're both still lined up or if they've moved .

red2004 TRX450R
07-26-2006, 01:20 PM
its not mud!!!!!!!!!!!

there are little balls of stuff.

it is mold release. they cover the tire mold with some kind of stuff and when they take the tire out it sticks to the inside of the tire, then when you ride it the stuff falls off and forms rubber balls in side the tire. :eek2:

plkmonster2
07-26-2006, 01:29 PM
It's not mud, it's the release agent like Red 2004 said. I've also heard that it coyuld be a bead glue. The stock tires are a pain to get off. It pushes off the beads when they set them, and when you ride. All my hondas have had this.
Pushing the bead off is hard at home. I usually run over the tire and a board set on the tire with our tractor. I just take them to a tire shop if they are stock tires though. They are stuck on there good.

wanna_be_ridn
07-26-2006, 04:05 PM
LMAO Release agent..... dude its straight up ROCKS, i have taken many of the tires off the rims and had rocks in them its a wierd thing, I have always wondered how they go threw the bead and never give you a flat but hey it happens and the only way to really fix it..... beadlocks.....

crazedape
07-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Who cares rubber, mud, rocks. It's all the same either way it is in there, don't worry about it and it will be fine.

dunebuggie66
07-26-2006, 05:00 PM
first like everyone else said don't worry about it. second there's no f--king way in hell that it is mud and rocks, unless you put the tires on your self and the mud and rocks were in there when you put the tires on.

wanna_be_ridn
07-26-2006, 06:01 PM
that just shows right there u dont know S***, i have seen rocks in even beadlocks u n00b. small rocks iwll go threw the bead. but hey u prolly own a quad, dump 5 grand into it and u wash it and take pics of it and post it on the forums sayin heres my badass quad i dont ride it but heres my quad. so maybe u should go out and ride it a lil bit and u might actually get a rock inside ur tire then ur gonan say OMG that guy was right. peace out nub

desratt
07-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by crazedape
Happens to every quad I have owned. From raptors down to a 250r. I do have a 450r and it just happens.

you mean from a 250r down to a raptor..
a raptor looks up to a 250r

GPracer2500
07-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Yes, it is rocks. The ones I've found have basically been rubber coated pebbles. They pick up rubber from bouncing/spinning around inside the tire. The rocks get jammed between the rim and the edge of the tire and work their way in as the sidewall flexes. It's weird that it happens but it does happen.

wanna_be_ridn
07-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by desratt
you mean from a 250r down to a raptor..
a raptor looks up to a 250r

Proper term Craptor.

dunebuggie66
07-26-2006, 07:33 PM
oh gee, my bad. didn't mean to insult you. you are absolutly right. i have a bunch of show quads that i post pics of just so people think i am cool. i don't know squat about them. i just like to make people think i do. i just wanna b ridin like you. could we go on that show on mtv so i can be just like you? pleeeze. all i really want is to be cool, and learn how to ride all of my show 4 wheelers, maybe you could show me how. i want to see rocks in my tires. you are the man!

400excracer
07-26-2006, 08:53 PM
Wow, all this over dirt, I mean rubber in the tires. I think that we all need to be riding a little more instead of worrying about petty things like this.

wanna_be_ridn
07-26-2006, 10:50 PM
sure bro bring one of those show bikes over and i will teach u how to ride it maybe get u a few rocks in ur tires be sure to wash it before you bring it though i dont wanna see it dirty at all. oh and also u might wanna put a skid plate on it so i can ride it for atleast a few min before stuff starts to break, and make sure its a real shiney one like a UM, gotta have that shine, shine will win races but u prolly already know that because your prolly like the most dominating rider on mx vs atv unleashed on ur ps2.

4ABURN
07-27-2006, 06:39 AM
Hey thanks you guys for all the answers. but I didn't mean to start a fight......Lets all go riding and for get about it. what ever it is I have to get them out it driving me nuts I am fussy that way. when I do I will let you guys know what I find.:D thanks.

MX MaNiAc 06
07-27-2006, 08:35 AM
I heard its a glitch the 06s had. I took mine back n thank god it was covered on the warranty. Hopefully they fixed this on the 07s!

dunebuggie66
07-27-2006, 06:44 PM
what's a ps2???

4ABURN
07-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by dunebuggie66
what's a ps2???
Sony playstation 2 ( video game machine) it great fun.:D