PDA

View Full Version : Pipe

THE EXMAN 400
07-26-2006, 08:03 AM
WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD PIPE FOR A RAPTOR 700

Bulldog67
07-26-2006, 02:25 PM
The LRD Pro4r pipe is exellent! These guy have a great product that is race proven. I like it because it sounds great, is a stainless system, the can has a gun coating on it in a Ti color, and it is super easy to repack. Their systems tend to be a little higher in price than other competitors but they are also much more durable a product. Cudos to those guys at LRD they have really provided this sport for years with awsome product. My next quad will be like all my others..... out fitted with their pipe.
Note I also hear they have a slip on for that bike as well, but I would go with the full system.
You also get the dyno charts in the assembly instruction sheets for the pipe, guess they are not affraid to show it like most who claim the horse power but wont show it on paper to the end customer.
Good luck in your search, that was my two cents.

Capt_ron
07-26-2006, 08:32 PM
hmf builds a nice pipe i love mine. sound is good and there price is low. they have dyno sheets on there web site. they get great power

NVMYRC
07-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Depends on what you ultimately will do with your bike. Are you going to do any internal mods, ever? Is having a couple of hp here or there really important to you? If you want the best pipe for a 700r, stock motor you can't beat the LTE duals or barker duals. Their hp numbers are only incrementally better than a quality single but they carry those numbers much higher into the RPM band. The singles drop off abruptly much lower. If you are just looking for some extra pop on your stock machine, install an intake, remove the airbox cover, Dobeck efi controller, and pull the spark arrestor out of your stock pipe. Budget build and you will get really good gains. No slip-ons will flow better than removing the sparky on your stocker. They will be a little lighter and look better but without the spark arrestor the stocker is a straight free flow. I actually make better power with the stocker over my GYT-R slip. Not much but a little.

Craig,