PDA

View Full Version : Stock class specs

scramblerracer
07-26-2006, 03:56 AM
I have started buying parts to upgrade the quad at the end of the year, I was thinking about putting on my new steering stem(antivibe) but I don't know if it is ok for stock class. I thought that it said no steering stems in the stock class rules but now I don't see it. With 2 races left I don't want to cause any trouble but I would like to try it out if legal.
*** Rules for the ATV Stock class:
Rider cannot change the exhaust system, spark arrester, A-arms, swing arm, gas tank, carburetor (may change jetting), shocks, engine or frame. Engine and frame must be from the original manufacture for that make and model. For additional information contact Greg Kinkelaar at kinklr@centurytel.net or Tom Prendergast at tprender@hotmail.com

tprender
07-26-2006, 05:36 AM
At the present time that is/are the rules for the stock class. I would like to add a few more at the meeting in Dec., such as tireballs and handlebars. As a starting point. Remember that this has to be something that can be checked quickly by a person that doesn't know much about atv's. So it has to be keep simple. You don't want to make it as tough as the GNC MX rule. Their you even have to use only the stock grips. Nothing can be changed. I know of one rider who go DQ'd because he used 1 aftermarket rim in the back at the 2nd moto, after the stock one got ruined in the 1st moto.

scramblerracer
07-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Thanks Tom for the reply. I guess I get to try out the new stem. Thanks for putting on a great race at Flat River and for letting me stay(guard the track) with the Moss boys. That was a fun track, hard but fun. The heat didn't help the turnout I'm sure. Thanks again
Josh

jdwxv3
07-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Are you thinking about making tire balls legal agian Tom? I am racing Stock regaurdless NEXT year so I want to be legal. Also I have IMS pegs...should I sell them and put some stockers on? Thanks in advance, Josh W.

tprender
07-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Right now this is just my opinion. I don't think that Tireballs should be legal in the stock class. The same with Flexx bars. I see nothing wrong with IMS pegs being legal, but again this is just my opinion.

jdwxv3
07-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Yea Flexx Bars in the stock class are BS in my opinion. I will still probaly get rid of the pegs b/c I dont want any one to have something to complian about.But thanks for the info. Later, Josh

geogeorge
08-01-2006, 08:37 PM
If your 41 years old racing a stock quad Flexx bars are not BS. They are smart. :D

jdwxv3
08-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by geogeorge
If your 41 years old racing a stock quad Flexx bars are not BS. They are smart. :D

If the point of the stock class is to keep costs down than they are bs. Besides no other series allow flexx bars in the "stock" class.

gabe_hinshaw
08-02-2006, 06:15 AM
Not to get in between you guys, but since I plan on racing stock class I want my vote counted. Fflex bars are an inexpensive way to improve a bike and make it a little more tolerable. I have had a shoulder injury, and it helps a lot. Just my opinion.

geogeorge
08-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by gabe_hinshaw
Not to get in between you guys, but since I plan on racing stock class I want my vote counted. Fflex bars are an inexpensive way to improve a bike and make it a little more tolerable. I have had a shoulder injury, and it helps a lot. Just my opinion.

Gabe look forward to seeing you in the class next year.

I don't find a 300 cost for bars to be bad. Now when you consider that Flexx has give sponcership to MHSC and you can get 120 off that price then they realy are not out of line. They don't make the quad faster and dont give a advantage to the rider.

True not everyone can afford them, But then again not everyone can afford a new quad every year like I get. I admit I'm luck to have a great job. I also don't have a wife or kids. There for I can afford to race. I race stock because its a C maybe B level class and that is my riding level at 41 years of age.

Josh you should be glade you can compete at the A level not everyone can.

jdwxv3
08-02-2006, 02:53 PM
If you call wraping your self around trees competing lol:D I really dont care about the Flexxbars. I Do think they help with rider fatigue. I probaly wont have them unless I get a certificate. But just so you all know if you plan on racing stock in any series besides Missouri you will not be able to b/c no other stock class I know of allows Flexx Bars.

That is why I am getting rid of my IMS pegs....I cant race anywhere else in the stock class with them.

And Geoff I could afford a new quad every year but I know for a fact my wife would not let me buy a new one every year. I am lucky to have what I have now :ermm: :)

ronnie
08-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
If you call wraping your self around trees competing lol:D I really dont care about the Flexxbars. I Do think they help with rider fatigue. I probaly wont have them unless I get a certificate. But just so you all know if you plan on racing stock in any series besides Missouri you will not be able to b/c no other stock class I know of allows Flexx Bars.

That is why I am getting rid of my IMS pegs....I cant race anywhere else in the stock class with them. i think im going to buy a stock bike and ride the stock class:D

jdwxv3
08-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by ronnie
i think im going to buy a stock bike and ride the stock class:D

Go ahead...it will be fun. I am trying to talk Mitch into it as we speak. You will save a lot of money!

ronnie
08-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Go ahead...it will be fun. I am trying to talk Mitch into it as we speak. You will save a lot of money! i think i might run the seiner class im getting to old to run the expert class:D

sspalco
08-02-2006, 06:10 PM
I don't think you can run senior class Ronnie, you're still doin too good in the Expert class. Nice try though.

ronnie
08-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by sspalco
I don't think you can run senior class Ronnie, you're still doin too good in the Expert class. Nice try though. i don't think i can be fast for ever .last weekend i felt 50 and slow:D

geogeorge
08-02-2006, 06:42 PM
i don't think i can be fast for ever .last weekend i felt 50 and slow:D

you were slow last weekend. :devil:

the only thing is I was still slower then you. :eek2:

But I did win. :D

ronnie
08-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by geogeorge
you were slow last weekend. :devil:

the only thing is I was still slower then you. :eek2:

But I did win. :D im going to start practiceing more .starting next weekend :D

tprender
08-02-2006, 07:25 PM
You have to remember why Geoff wants some of the stuff for the stock class, he has that item on his quad. If he has it, then it should be legal. The stock class is a non letter class, just like the senior and 2-3-4 class's are. If you go back in history, the GNCC when they 1st started the stock class. There rule was just about the same as ours. As more people started riding that class they refinded the year each year. Sometimes it was good and sometimes it didn't work out for the best.
I fell that it an item can be added for satety it should be legal. If it makes the quad faster and/or the rider faster it should not be legal. Some items fall into both, you kind of have to make a compromise on the worst of the 2 evils. Someone in the end will be unhappy.

scramblerracer
08-02-2006, 09:13 PM
I have decided to wait until after the last MHSC race this year to install my new antivibe stem and Flexx bars. I will have all winter to try them out and I don't want anyone to feel like I cheated. If we could get the stock class numbers up I think there should be 2 classes, like the GNCC has done. There is a huge difference between a new to the series guy on a stock machine and a seasoned racer on a modified(MHSC legal) stock machine. But if they want to race the series for points(not begineer class) they think- I am stock -I will race stock instead of the huge c classes. It is hard to explain to some new guys that stock isn't automaticaly the slowest class. It needs a letter designation(that only applies to the level of competition of stock racers) not to the rules about if a rider can move class to class. I have had a lot of fun racing stock class the last 2 years. If I could afford a new machine I would consider it for next year, but it will be cheaper to have someone rebuild my shocks and upgrade(which is cheaper than buying more stock parts somethimes)the rest of the worn out quad. I can't wait until I can cut ties with my stealer-I mean dealer and move into the aftermarket world. See ya all at Tebbits-Josh

jdwxv3
08-02-2006, 10:06 PM
Not a post about the stock class but Josh L. Eugene is having a poker run on August 13(sunday). I am planning on riding at it and I would not mind having company. I am not going to ride to hard....just have some fun. Let me know if you want to go.

Later, Josh W.

geogeorge
08-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by tprender
You have to remember why Geoff wants some of the stuff for the stock class, he has that item on his quad. If he has it, then it should be legal. The stock class is a non letter class, just like the senior and 2-3-4 class's are. If you go back in history, the GNCC when they 1st started the stock class. There rule was just about the same as ours. As more people started riding that class they refinded the year each year. Sometimes it was good and sometimes it didn't work out for the best.
I fell that it an item can be added for satety it should be legal. If it makes the quad faster and/or the rider faster it should not be legal. Some items fall into both, you kind of have to make a compromise on the worst of the 2 evils. Someone in the end will be unhappy.

The reason the GNCC made changes is that to many upper class riders were sand bagging the morning stock class. They now have what three stock classes. Mo have 1 stock class. Lets make sure we have thenumbers before you go tring to change something that is not broken. As for all the other seires to race in. You eather race Mo first or you don't. I race Mo first so I will follow our rules and race in a diff class in Iowa or OMA or GNCC. So I guess one will have to deside were they would like to race first and set there quad up for that seires.

scramblerracer
08-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Not a post about the stock class but Josh L. Eugene is having a poker run on August 13(sunday). I am planning on riding at it and I would not mind having company. I am not going to ride to hard....just have some fun. Let me know if you want to go.

Later, Josh W.

Josh w what time on the 13th and how long? I haven't done a off road poker run. That sounds like fun though. I need all of the seat time I can get to finish the year strong. Let me know and I will check with the wife to see if I have plans or not for that sunday yet. Later Josh L

YAMAHAVIPER
08-03-2006, 04:06 PM
SO WITH ALL THE CONTROVERSY ABOUT STOCK CAN YOU DO THE CAM MOD TO THE YAMAHA? IS THE HOP UP KIT FOR THE HONDA LEGAL ? SHORTER A-ARMS FOR THE SUZUKI? IF YOU WANT TO EFFECT TURNOUT IN ANY CLASS LET THE UPPER LEVEL RIDERS DROP DOWN AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS,TRUE FAST GUYS DO NOT WANT TO DROP BACK AND CHERRY PICK JUST LIKE GEOFF SHOULD NOT BE RIDING C CLASS.

STOCK CLASS AS I SEE IT YOU CAN CHANGE TIRES,GRIPS,NOTHING ELSE PERIOD,SIMPLE TO LOOK AT AND VERIFY IF NECESSARY.NO REASON TO ADAPT TO OTHER SERIES RULES IF YOU CHOOSE TO RUN OTHER SERIES GO AHEAD FOLLOW THEIR RULES.

LARRY:)

jdwxv3
08-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by scramblerracer
Josh w what time on the 13th and how long? I haven't done a off road poker run. That sounds like fun though. I need all of the seat time I can get to finish the year strong. Let me know and I will check with the wife to see if I have plans or not for that sunday yet. Later Josh L

I dont know how long it is...or what time. I will call up a few people to try and figure it out. I hope you can come, I want you to finish the year strong.

jdwxv3
08-03-2006, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by YAMAHAVIPER
[B]SO WITH ALL THE CONTROVERSY ABOUT STOCK CAN YOU DO THE CAM MOD TO THE YAMAHA? IS THE HOP UP KIT FOR THE HONDA LEGAL ? SHORTER A-ARMS FOR THE SUZUKI? IF YOU WANT TO EFFECT TURNOUT IN ANY CLASS LET THE UPPER LEVEL RIDERS DROP DOWN AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS,TRUE FAST GUYS DO NOT WANT TO DROP BACK AND CHERRY PICK JUST LIKE GEOFF SHOULD NOT BE RIDING C CLASS.

STOCK CLASS AS I SEE IT YOU CAN CHANGE TIRES,GRIPS,NOTHING ELSE PERIOD,SIMPLE TO LOOK AT AND VERIFY IF NECESSARY.NO REASON TO ADAPT TO OTHER SERIES RULES IF YOU CHOOSE TO RUN OTHER SERIES GO AHEAD FOLLOW THEIR RULES.

Larry, I do not belive you can change the motor in any way. I think you can chage the jetting but that is it. As far as changing the a arms, I dont belive you can do that either.

And trust me I am not cherry picking. I do not know why anyone mentions that. I raced 2 times this year and I was not even in the top 10 in A. I just wanna ride and not have to ride on the brink of death the entire time to have a chance of winning. Later, Josh

scramblerracer
08-03-2006, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by YAMAHAVIPER
[B]SO WITH ALL THE CONTROVERSY ABOUT STOCK CAN YOU DO THE CAM MOD TO THE YAMAHA?---NO

IS THE HOP UP KIT FOR THE HONDA LEGAL ?---NO

SHORTER A-ARMS FOR THE SUZUKI?---NO

IF YOU WANT TO EFFECT TURNOUT IN ANY CLASS LET THE UPPER LEVEL RIDERS DROP DOWN AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS---You are right about letting fast guys come to stock to really see how fast they are

,TRUE FAST GUYS DO NOT WANT TO DROP BACK AND CHERRY PICK JUST LIKE GEOFF SHOULD NOT BE RIDING C CLASS.---Geoff-come to B with me next year or go to the new super senior class+60
( Ha ha- just kidding Geoff)

ronnie
08-03-2006, 07:13 PM
hey geoff can you see us raceing super seiner +60 class i hope they don't make us run and get on are bikes at the starting line we will be on are wheel chairs :D

geogeorge
08-03-2006, 08:10 PM
hey geoff can you see us raceing super seiner +60 class i hope they don't make us run and get on are bikes at the starting line we will be on are wheel chairs :D

Forget stopping for gas. We will need to stop for oxigen. They will also have to have a walker stand if they make us run to the quads at the start. :huh

sspalco
08-04-2006, 06:37 AM
You make it sound like you guys are on your death bed or somethin'. Come on now......40's is just mid life, fire up them engines and lets have some fun.
Ronnie, are you all goin riding this weekend at Flat? If so, what day? I know you gotta fly out next week, are you only gonna be gone a week? Sucks that you gotta go right before Alex goes back to school. Thomas's timing sucks!

ronnie
08-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by sspalco
You make it sound like you guys are on your death bed or somethin'. Come on now......40's is just mid life, fire up them engines and lets have some fun.
Ronnie, are you all goin riding this weekend at Flat? If so, what day? I know you gotta fly out next week, are you only gonna be gone a week? Sucks that you gotta go right before Alex goes back to school. Thomas's timing sucks! i leave next sunday i will be gone all week .i have to work tommorow and i think it going to be 95 on sunday .next sunday i will be comming back so i geuss i can go rideing in 2 weeks

geogeorge
08-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Iowa on sunday.

sspalco
08-05-2006, 01:20 PM
make it a date Ronnie.

Geoff, which Sunday, cuz we got some friends in from St. Joe this weekend.

geogeorge
08-05-2006, 02:32 PM
This sunday.

sspalco
08-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Geoff,
we gotta hit one of the races and make a weekend out of it cuz we got some friends over that way that we wanna go and see. Talked with them this weekend and they said to come race and we could all stay with them.