PDA

View Full Version : best tires

CosaNos440
07-26-2006, 12:15 AM
what tires are known for being good in trails and wont rip up 2 fast in the street, cause i heard holeshots get eaten up in the street and i ride like 50% of the time in the street

thanks

Crazy Diamond
07-26-2006, 07:06 AM
Get some BFGoodrich A/T's!!! I don't think they make a quad tire for road use!!! Maybe try Turf Tamers they are kind of a harder rubber tire that might hold up well.

Holsh
07-26-2006, 03:35 PM
I have a pair of kenda knarlys and they have been holding up so far. and I ride alot of road to but haven't had them to long.

Vindex Injuriae
07-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Look at the Kenda Klaws too - We've got em on two quads, they wear awesome and hook up great on trails and MX.

YFZ450Ridr
07-27-2006, 12:25 AM
my friend had a set of kenda knarlys and they were the hardest compound tire ive ever felt! my razr 2s are like butter compared to them. id say thats a good bet for you.

d3ktrix
08-04-2006, 07:00 AM
Yeah I'd say the only tires that still has decent control off-road and won't ware super faster on the rode is kendas.

They have the flattest/thickest nobs and the hardest compound.

jonboy
08-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Truthfully any knobby tire is going to take a beating on the pavement. Holeshots are a softer compoud tire but their new HD's are pretty good and they also have a new GNCC tire that has had great reviews for wear. The GNCC's are made especially for tough trail conditions. The Maxis iRazors fit into this catagory as well. Both are 6 ply and have a harder compound of rubber. I am going to be ordering a set of the GNCC's soon. I can let you know how they do.