PDA

View Full Version : quick ? about AC pro peg nerfs

redlineranger
07-25-2006, 10:50 PM
so im looking into getting the pro pegs, cus im just not a fan of the stock plastic heal guards. anyways i know they have the built in "kick up" style pegs, and i was wondering do you have to take the stock peg off to bolt the one's on the nerfs in. it may sound like a stupid question, but to be honest i really dont know. i couldnt tell from pictures. thanks in advance.

Pappy
07-25-2006, 10:52 PM
yes your stock pegs are removed

redlineranger
07-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

thanks pappy.

redlineranger
07-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

forgot to think about it earlier, but the stock bolts will work with these right? guy i might be getting them from lost the bolts.(i could just use my stockers)

Ryan's red400ex
07-25-2006, 11:41 PM
I just put the old style pro pegs on mine tonite, bought them used, but the bolts appeared to be the same length as the originals.

redlineranger
07-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Ryan's red400ex
I just put the old style pro pegs on mine tonite, bought them used, but the bolts appeared to be the same length as the originals.

you talkin about AC? and whats the difference between the "old style" and new style? the one's im lookin at gettin cant be old cus they look brand new, and look like the brand new ac pro pegs you see in the magazines and all that.

Ryan's red400ex
07-26-2006, 12:00 AM
Yeah, there AC. They were a year or two old I believe. They have the aluminum pegs yet. I beleive the ones your talkin about have the steel pegs and possibly the integrated heel guards(i beleive they came out this year, but not certain). They had problems with my style being to lose and wobbly, but there are ways to fix that. The new ones fit much better and you dont have to worry about the foot pegs wearing down and losing its grip.
Anyways, I think the mounting tabs and such are very similiar to mine, so the bolts for the peg brackets are the same.
Hope that made sense.

redlineranger
07-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Ryan's red400ex
Yeah, there AC. They were a year or two old I believe. They have the aluminum pegs yet. I beleive the ones your talkin about have the steel pegs and possibly the integrated heel guards(i beleive they came out this year, but not certain). They had problems with my style being to lose and wobbly, but there are ways to fix that. The new ones fit much better and you dont have to worry about the foot pegs wearing down and losing its grip.
Anyways, I think the mounting tabs and such are very similiar to mine, so the bolts for the peg brackets are the same.
Hope that made sense.

it did;) .. appreciate the help. i see what your talking about, i did some research and can see where the older pro pegs didnt have the heel guards, the one's im looking at getting do have them, so apparently there the newer ones.

Phills450r
07-26-2006, 07:44 PM
I have the AC Pro Peg Nerfs and yes the stock bolts will work when you mount them and the stock pegs DO come off. I bought mine from hellboundracing for 220$ but that was before I found out about C&D I would of got them from him... and I do like them so far

redlineranger
07-27-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Phills450r
I have the AC Pro Peg Nerfs and yes the stock bolts will work when you mount them and the stock pegs DO come off. I bought mine from hellboundracing for 220$ but that was before I found out about C&D I would of got them from him... and I do like them so far

thanks