PDA

View Full Version : street legal lt-r450?

hard one
07-25-2006, 08:18 PM
I live in jefferson county missouri and lately i have been seeing alot of people with street legal quads all utillity.
IIf you live in missouri you know that when you register your quad you have to licence it and the dmv told me with this sticker/licence you can ride on county roads but what are considered county roads.

I know you need lights, mirrior(which the lt already has due to it sharing the front brake with the hybusa croch rocket)and street tires.
Dose any body know how to do this or who to talk to to accomplish this.
i just think it would be cool to cruise around my town on the weekend on my quad.
heck they let those pocket rockets do it!

bwamos
07-26-2006, 06:55 AM
I don't know how they are doing it. Perhaps certian counties allow it. But, 99% of Missouri it is impossible to make an OHV street legal. Even if everything is done properly.. simply because it's flagged as an OHV, you can not get it licensed.

Edit:
Rereading your post.. it's definatly a county thing. Since it's county roads only.

County roads are the ones marked with a black sign w/ white square that says AA, E, FF, etc.. also some are called County Road 117 on a green intersection sign.

State highways, interstates (of course), and city streets would all be off limits.

But as a side note... I'd highly reccomend against joy riding on the county roads. Would be fine if it's legal and you're using it for transportation.

hard one
07-26-2006, 04:51 PM
I can ride it on aa bb b but you can i was told by the dmv in jefferson county you just file it as a home made vehicle,
But they said that wont stop the cops from harrasing you because crystal city cops are dicks!

I had to sell my 1981 trans am Smokey and the bandit style becuase they pulled me over as soon as i got on the street.
they where madd that i had a faster car than them.
I guess i willstick to county roads.