PDA

View Full Version : Want Fmf Megamax and holeshots on 2001 300ex

08-21-2002, 08:37 AM
Hey, I have 2001 honda 300ex and want to start adding some mods, but have a couple quesions on how doing so. First , I 've been looking into some exhaust systems, I like the fmf Megamax complete system, But I don't want to shorten the life of the engine in any way. Also Do I have to jet it, with a new exhaust? If I do have to jet it, should I do it myself or go to a local shop and have it done. I 've looked at the WB e-series too. What other systems would you recommend and anyone who has a megamax system on there 300ex please tell me how runs and how much of a power increase there is.
Second is the tires, I was looking at the regular holeshots and the xct model. Also the maxxis razor. I 'll probably be riding hard packed dirt about 99% of the time and sand 1% of the time. Thanks alot, any info would be greatly appreciated.

own2424
08-21-2002, 08:44 AM
get the MegaMaxII. I used to have it on my 300ex that I sold. It sounds GREAT! Im not sure about power increase since I never rode a stock 300ex. Yes, you are going to have to rejet. Also, if you dont have this already, you can try to add a K&N filter or UNI filter which will increase air flow. GOod LUck!

300EXrider02
08-21-2002, 09:13 AM
get a yoshimura, best pipe out with most hp gain, no it wont shorten the life and yes u have to jet, if u know nothing about jettin just have a shop do it or do a lot of research, mega max is very loud!! u prob dont want that so is the wb, xcts r nice tires, a bit heavy but nice, i have heard good things bout razrs to tho

own2424
08-21-2002, 09:23 AM
if the noise level is not a problem....go with the MEGMAX...they are LOUD!!!!! Rejetting isnt too hard to do by yourself. Having a shop do a somple job like that might cost you about $100.

08-21-2002, 10:07 AM
I would go with a 20x11x9 tire(rear). That is a good all purpose size. I would not get a 22 inch tire. They are too tall. You will notice a little bootom end power difference with the shorter tires. Anything beats the stock tires though. For pipes I am not sure. I imagine the FMF would be good. Check out Sparks too. www.sparksracing.com

08-21-2002, 10:16 AM
Thanks alot the info is really helping. But with Jetting the quad, does anyone know a website I can go to , to learn about it, Or just go through some steps with me.

Thanks