PDA

View Full Version : Pappy?

drchoicey
07-25-2006, 05:28 PM
this is for"Pappy" from BK Performance
hello sir
i read an old thread i which you spoke of
your 05 450r cutting out on whoops and rough terrain.
my 05 r does the exact same thing
were you ever able to determine what the problem was?

Pappy
07-25-2006, 05:43 PM
I never found an exact cause per'se

After we put the quad on the dyno and jetted it, I never had another issue with it cutting out. Throttle response was razor sharp.

I suspect it is in the carb, but it will take a carb nut to explain the needed steps to make sure things are how they should be:p

Ex_Rider43
07-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Thats what Im going to do tommorow. my bike is cutting out on top end when the terrain gets rough . the only thing that Im worried about is that the bike was running strong for the past 5 races?

last year after I got my bike on the dyno , it ran strong for the entire season.

drchoicey
07-25-2006, 05:57 PM
hello again
what do you mean by jetted?
as in,are you still using the stock exhaust and air box?
or have you modded it already?
thank you
the doctor

Pappy
07-25-2006, 06:01 PM
My first issue with my R was easily fixed. There was a small seed sucked into the float bowl...problem solved.

The rest as I remember it had to do with the FCR carb and it being finicky. I honestly dont remember what all we found out, but I believe it was linked to the accelerator pump. The carb's pilot jet was increased, along with the main jet once an exhaust was added, but I do not remeber if they made any further adjustments then that.

im sure someone who works on carbs will chime in and fill you in with more helpful info:p

Chino886
07-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43
Thats what Im going to do tommorow. my bike is cutting out on top end when the terrain gets rough . the only thing that Im worried about is that the bike was running strong for the past 5 races?

last year after I got my bike on the dyno , it ran strong for the entire season.

This may sound stupid, but are you using an outerwear?

dead eye 00
07-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Check your float bowl. I had a small piece of sawdust that was blocking the mainjet when hitting bumps.

Ex_Rider43
07-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Yes Chino , I am using an outerwear over my KN filter.

I drained the gas tank , cleaned the carb and changed the spark plug but its still bucking on top.

Chino886
07-31-2006, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43
Yes Chino , I am using an outerwear over my KN filter.

Take the outerwear off and try that, my bro had the same problem, the outerwear was making it starve for air, took it off and it was ready to ride.

cletusEX
07-31-2006, 12:53 PM
I've had this problem twice and both time it was caused my dirt in the carb. I tryed just draining the float but had to pull the carb off each time and clean it all out.