PDA

View Full Version : Blisters

tim colston
07-25-2006, 01:56 PM
What can you do about getting blisters other than getting new grips. I have brand new pro-grips and have about 8 brand new blisters. Comments welcome. I need some advice.

fandl450r
07-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Ride as often as you can it will toughen your hands up, try using baby powder to keep your hands from sweating. I've head of people wearing some kind of glove underneath their riding gloves but have no experience with it.

scramblerracer
07-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Blister resister gloves. Penland bros racing sells them. Mike Penland - Phone #706-746-2812

or talk to him at a GNCC race.

trick250r
07-25-2006, 02:21 PM
ride ride ride my hands are really hard. drumming and riding tears em up, but you get used to it.

07-25-2006, 02:56 PM
What scramblerracer said ;)

07-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
Ride as often as you can it will toughen your hands up, try using baby powder to keep your hands from sweating. I've head of people wearing some kind of glove underneath their riding gloves but have no experience with it.

they are moose underarmor gloves, i use them, i heard about them from some friends of mine, put a little baby pounder in them, and you will never have a blister again :macho

crazedape
07-25-2006, 03:01 PM
A new set of grips isn't expensive and are real easy to change out. Get a set of Spyder grips they work great.

scramblerracer
07-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Try ODI. I like them better than Spider and Oury. They are soft but the don't wiggle when you squeeze them. They also have the easiest changing grips with their lock on grips.

http://www.odigrips.com/

Mx_523
07-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r

Yep.:)

Pappy
07-25-2006, 04:50 PM
We buy and sell kevlar liners, we can not tell the difference between them and the expensive "blistor resistors" except ours dont have a logo:eek2: (try searching google for kevlar liners gloves)

They do work, but you will need a size larger glove.

Cody cant use them because his hands are so small, but he has learned to ride through pain:p He rode for 2 more hours after these popped. I think Rowlrag had the nastiest blisters I ever saw a pic posted of a few years back, damn near his entire palm!

coolex
07-25-2006, 08:19 PM
dont ride with gloves, i dont and my hands are all callises, and no blisters

popo
07-26-2006, 05:49 AM
Duct tape.

zedicus00
07-26-2006, 06:35 AM
whare gloves and dont 'death grip' the bars, keep yur elbows and hands loose.

tim colston
07-26-2006, 06:43 AM
Thanks I found some of those kevlar liners on the web. I think that is the route that I am going to try. I have brand new progrips and gloves so I probably just need to nut up and get my woman like hands hard and callised. Thanks for the info everyone. I appreciate it. I rode in my first harescramble and 40 miles in 1.5 hours beat me and my hands up. I will try the baby powder thing as well.

thanks again.

tim

Nick shupe
07-26-2006, 09:16 PM
baby power i'm powder I just started using that stuff and helps for sure :D

FasstMidnightZ
07-26-2006, 09:41 PM
The first couple times your ride in awhile you'll get them..But, just let them be. Keep riding..they go away. I don't get blisters or arm pump anymore..Just while your riding and you feel it tensing take a minute break, stretch out some and keep going. Then that night get a nice little massage from a nice little lady. ;)

coolex
07-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by FEAR528
The first couple times your ride in awhile you'll get them..But, just let them be. Keep riding..they go away. I don't get blisters or arm pump anymore..Just while your riding and you feel it tensing take a minute break, stretch out some and keep going. Then that night get a nice little massage from a nice little lady. ;)

can i borrow ur nice little lady, mines out of town:eek:

scramblerracer
09-24-2006, 02:56 PM
have you tried soaking your hands in cider, she may complain at first but a good women will understand she is helping. Ha Ha

<DRS>GPF
09-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by scramblerracer
have you tried soaking your hands in cider, she may complain at first but a good women will understand she is helping. Ha Ha

ohh...:eek2: you nasty man..

you could be squeezing too hard..

remember, the difference between pink and purple, is how hard you squeeze..:blah:

LeGaCyGiAnT124
09-24-2006, 05:01 PM
what everyone else said basically just get used to it and dont complain:blah: but i dont know if you guys ever had this pain before but when you ride so long that your actual hand and finger bones start to hurt and if you hit like a bump sometimes you want to like scream it hurts so bad. i can not stand this more than anything.

vet_ltz
09-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by popo
Duct tape.

Exactly.
My wedding ring cuts in and blisters me like crazy.

Sjorge450R
09-24-2006, 07:29 PM
i have had some really nasty blister before, across my entire hand. Way worse than the pic of codys. Pappy you got those gloves? How much are they? I could use some. IM gonna try the baby powder trick,.

450rdude
09-25-2006, 08:50 PM
ya, everytime i go riding(atleast once a week if not more) i get not only blisters but my skin jus rips off where my calices were and starts bleeding. I dont know what the deal is but i need too do something about it. Ill try that baby powder out sounds like it might work.

rooster300ex
09-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by zedicus00
whare gloves and dont 'death grip' the bars, keep yur elbows and hands loose.

I bet if you hop on my buddies atc250r you gotta death grip that thing. lol