PDA

View Full Version : 06 450r jetting

CMPX3
07-25-2006, 10:37 AM
I have a 06 450r and need some jetting advice. It has an HRC header w/ stock tailpipe and spark arrester out. Pro Design K&N filterw/ lid off. By the way, I dont know the elevation but I am in N. Florida. Any help is really appre.. thanks

Tripyn
07-25-2006, 02:29 PM
I am down in Daytona and almost have the same setup as you. The only thing different is I have a full HMF pipe.

I am running:

165main
55 leakjet
42 pilotjet (stock)
HRC needle on third clip
2 1/4 out on the fuel screw

This is a good start-do a few plug checks to verify your are no too lean/rich.

CMPX3
08-08-2006, 01:47 PM
thanks for the help. Went w/ 162 main 50pilot 3rd clip HRC needle

Tripyn
08-08-2006, 04:42 PM
CMP, I am betting you are WAY FAT on the pilot jet-do some plug checks at idle-if it is all black and sooty then you are way rich-if it looks like a nice toasted marshmellow then you are just about right.

You may want to get the mixture screw dialed in too. General rule of thumb is if you have the mixture screw set less then 1 1/2 turns (to get a smooth idle) you drop the pilot-on the other hand if you are more then 3-3 1/2 turns you go up on the pilot. I tried a 45 and a 48 and both were rich. The 48 was so rich it made my eyes water.

CMPX3
08-09-2006, 04:24 AM
Thanks for the advice. I had a ret. cert. honda mech. do the work and he told me it was a little rich. I check the plug out to see what im working with. Then again I was going off of memory of what i thought he said about the jets. He may have been talking about the leek j.. I know the main is for wot and i think the pilot is for idol to 3/4. Is that right? I need schoolin on the leek jet! anycrap thanks for the adv.