PDA

View Full Version : A few of my pics of St. Anthony duning trip

QuadJunkies
08-20-2002, 11:13 PM
here are just a few of my pics form our trip to St. Anthony Sand dunes.Most of the trip we were riding, so I didnt get a ton of them ,these dunes a HUGE and the pics dont do them justice...http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291465697

twisted threads
08-21-2002, 03:31 AM
Cool pictures!! Wish I could have gone. Did you get to go and see devils dune or Choke Cherry?

Str8Wicked
08-21-2002, 09:05 AM
badass man.. Where is this located!

QuadJunkies
08-21-2002, 10:50 AM
NOpe. Didnt get to see choke up close, although we took a pic thats in here that I think was of choke.I hate to admit it, but we got three quarters of the way there, and I couldnt make any further,at laest the way we went.The dunes were too steep for me on mine, I have issues with height..LOL... going down the biggest dunes are a blast, but I hate to climb them.WE rode a few good sized bowls and rode alomat all the way to the resort.And the full yoshi system paid off afterall,does much better than the slip on,five 400ex couldnt make it up thunder(back side)The 400ex could climb it even with stock tires!!Twisted...We will have to go next year, you and the wife.Im all for it.. Str8wicked~~This is in Idaho by the border of Wyoming,near Rexburg,you should try it sometime,its a blast!!!

Str8Wicked
08-21-2002, 05:21 PM
how far of a drive from Los Angeles is that... anyone know?

Trying to think..... hummmmm

where's amap when I need one...

lol

Sandgod4
08-21-2002, 07:00 PM
Good pics QJ. I saw a 300ex w/ an eight paddle. Switch to a six your killing that thing. It's probably 14hrs from LA.

QuadJunkies
08-21-2002, 09:55 PM
these tires came reccomended form a shop in Rexberg, alot of them run these up there, I didnt see alot of straights I liked and was told not to run less paddles than what I got,what would you reccomend?? I need a bigger quad,Ive definatly out grown mine,thinkin on selling mine soon,just sucks w/all the $$$ I put into it in the last 6 months:(

QuadJunkies
08-21-2002, 09:56 PM
Oh.BTW... SandGod4 is right....roughly 14hrs.from L.A... just talked to a few guys with rails that were from there.

Sandgod4
08-21-2002, 10:01 PM
Six paddle, six paddle, six paddle, Glider, Glider, Glider. You want the quad to rev freely and that aint happening w/ the eights...

QuadJunkies
08-21-2002, 10:07 PM
I would have never thoguht of gliders for my 300ex, but I am getting them for my Daughters Kasea 90cc when I get the TRinity pipe put on it...I think Im done with buying tires for awhile(I hope)I am really thinking on selling it and trading up, I need more power now.But if I go duning again next spring, Ill give the gliders a try...Thanks for the advice..;)

FullBore52
08-21-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Sandgod4
Six paddle, six paddle, six paddle, Glider, Glider, Glider. You want the quad to rev freely and that aint happening w/ the eights...

Wow...six paddle gliders is probably less hookup than the stockers...

QuadJunkies
08-21-2002, 10:15 PM
LOL... my stocks on the 400ex and the 300ex actually do pretty good.:)And my "turbo paddles "do awesome too.No complaints,I love my 300ex,just need more power.

Sandgod4
08-21-2002, 10:15 PM
Not so.. I tried my wifes on my stock Dale and climbed the steep dunes faster then my eight paddle Sand Devils at Saint Anthonys. I am gonna try the Gliders on my Dale up Utah's Sand Mtn on Labor Day. I pulled the face in third and barely could hold second w/ my Sand Devils and my pipe and Moto mapping....Couldn't hold third w/ the Sand Devils up the Valley side either.

QuadJunkies
08-21-2002, 10:24 PM
Not so?? not sure what you meant by that, but I have to say...those Dales are very impresive up at St. A"s:) they were smokin alot of the Banshee"s up Thunder..I couldnt believe how they flew!!But really, with the 400ex,Now that the gearing is changed and a full Yoshi on it,I t will make it up alot of dunes that it wouldnt do before,that is with paddles or stock.BUT... it definatley climbs better with our paddles,I did learn NEVER to run a V paddle up there,unless you want to just play..The sand up there is VERY soft and dry right now compared to when we were up there in June.SO, if I do get another set of tires for the 400ex,what size should I go with? Couldnt find much out there,elsethey run very small or really big...My straights are 20's

Sandgod4
08-21-2002, 10:45 PM
That was directed at Screaminshee. You got your reply in as I was writing to him...Oh get 20" seven paddle Haulers for the 400.

bluebaron
08-22-2002, 10:58 AM
looks sweet. I can't wait tell i can go to the dunes

QuadJunkies
08-22-2002, 12:53 PM
Banshee_ex07~~Any duning out where you live??