PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki KFX450 Spy Photos

Admin
07-25-2006, 09:28 AM
ATVriders.com has obtained some spy photos of the new 2007 Kawasaki KFX450 Sport ATV, and we are excited to share these photos with our visitors. Just as we originally anticipated the new KFX450 appears to designed as high performance Sport ATV with the trail riders and cross country racers in mind.

These few photos reveal a few features not originally mentioned in the release sent out by Kawasaki over a month ago. By zooming in on the photos, I was able to discover that the rear wheels have reinforcing rings on the inside, and the rear rotor is drilled and is not your standard round rotor. Also, I noticed the front end of the frame is raked up slightly, which improves handling when riding through the woods at speed. Finally, it appears that the black front and rear outer fenders are easily removable.

I am sure with a closer inspection of these photos that more features will be revealed, so have fun and be sure to share what you find.

Admin
07-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Spy Photo 2

Admin
07-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Spy Photo 3

Admin
07-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Spy Photo 4

QuadR8cer12
07-25-2006, 09:55 AM
isnt it funny how kawasaki rolls out a spotless new machine at a test track and when they are done with a hard day of testing the machine it still stays spotless when they roll it back into the trailer and someone just happend to snap a few spy photos and released them to the public... lol

i do like how they come stock with renthal handlebars though!

Admin
07-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
isnt it funny how kawasaki rolls out a spotless new machine at a test track and when they are done with a hard day of testing the machine it still stays spotless when they roll it back into the trailer and someone just happend to snap a few spy photos and released them to the public... lol

i do like how they come stock with renthal handlebars though!

Austin, if look carefully you will see the tires are completely clean while coming off the truck, and dirty once in front of the truck, so they were unloading it, which is why it was clean.

bwamos
07-25-2006, 10:53 AM
Looks nice. I like how you have the Full-fender and low profile fender options for both the front and rear.

The subframe doesn't look quite up to snuff, and I don't like the gusseting on the lower front of the frame (by the water bottle).

But, it is a test prototype.. so all that stuff is most likely prototype welded stuff to test changes, and not what's going to be on the final production line.

Good to see they are using a honda style 4-bolt carrier.

Dupontster
07-25-2006, 11:30 AM
That frame seems really beefy! Looks nice though.

crazyaboutlsu
07-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Dupontster
That frame seems really beefy! Looks nice though.

That's because it's all aluminum. Even though it looks beefy, it's probably a good bit lighter than a Honda, Yamaha, or Suzuki steel frame chasis.

Nick shupe
07-25-2006, 12:40 PM
it's still a kawasaki:D

chad502ex
07-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Great pics harlen! You know me, the first I see is an highly over-squared engine design being that the cylinder appear to be only an inch tall. LOL that would mean that the bore must be extremely huge to account for 450cc of displacement.

Thanks for your snooping. hehe.

swva400ex
07-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Nick shupe
it's still a kawasaki:D

my thoughts exactly.

07-25-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by swva400ex
my thoughts exactly.

better than your 400 :) anyday..

swva400ex
07-25-2006, 01:51 PM
maybe in engine size but i doubt reliablity

07-25-2006, 02:00 PM

yeah you forgot

suspension
frame
speed
acceleration
looks..
everything?

jthunder31
07-25-2006, 02:04 PM

How do you know?

Your machine would probably benefit from liquid cooling and another camshaft. You'll go from '80's tech to the late 1990's anyway.:rolleyes:

UNCLE RICO RIDES A QUAD!

"Back in '82 my XR350 motor was all that and a platter of onion rings! I'd a won dat enduro with a liquifier mota..."

;)

ZSNOW
07-25-2006, 02:06 PM
is that a prototype or the last test before the production line....cuz when is this thing comin out..i will be riding green next year...

Race4Yamaha38
07-25-2006, 02:25 PM
its probably a prototype casue im sure they'll make changes to it before the start selling them. i like the looks of the new kawi i just wanna wait and see how it does against the other 450s.

hondaracer_34
07-25-2006, 02:49 PM
have you guys looked at the rear brake rotor? its drilled and not rounded..it has a wavey look to it...

TWISTED
07-25-2006, 03:45 PM
I look forward to any new models from the big four. Anything except Polaris.

Nick shupe
07-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Twisted you mean you're not building polaris:D

TWISTED
07-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Before I build a Polaris, I'll go back to my 1st atv ever, an ATC 70!!!!
As it stands now, an 07 450R is in the works. tell your dad he still has an open invite down here when he's ready...

Dupontster
07-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Mr. Happy Homeowner has a Kabota now...:D Kabota today Polaris tomorrow......Pushed his old junk off on us, now he wants an 07....:p We almost have it welded up so we can maybe finish out the season....Hope it stays in 1 piece...:blah:

TWISTED
07-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Nothing like good friends....... Can't beat em with a stick.... In your case make that a dull hatchet swung with enough force to split an oak stump!!!

Dupontster
07-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Nothing like good friends....... Can't beat em with a stick.... In your case make that a dull hatchet swung with enough force to split an oak stump!!!

We're cool..:cool:

TWISTED
07-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Only cause I mentioned the hatchet though.... Hurry up an find a front end and rear shock!!!!

Nick shupe
07-25-2006, 04:49 PM
twisted, I llike you're idea on how to join the mob were you come up with this things:D

jthunder31
07-25-2006, 05:00 PM
A few weeks ago I went on a rant and said the new KFX 450 may have a width option (pure speculation). At z400central a knowledgeable fellow seemed to confirm this speculation in a post made today!

NOW-one of you seemed to think I was "getting warm" or possibly in the know by my saying such a thing.

I think YOU know a little more than you're letting on!

I know I think you know-does that make sense?

Option 1: Narrow for the woods

Option 2: An "SS" model that has extended a-arms & axle a-la LTR 450!

(many on this forum still swear it's a SUZUKI-AS IF!)

I want one, but the wide deal would be the icing on the cake!

Toodles

TWISTED
07-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Nick shupe
twisted, I llike you're idea on how to join the mob were you come up with this things:D

An awful childhood Nick caused many of my rants and raves!!

Floorit
07-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Kawasaki needs to get on the ball and release this damn thing. I'm in the market for another new quad. From all the hype these photos are causing, I'm going berzerk !!

I sure hope they make a come back and get back into the racing scene.

Todays quads are better than ever. Which is making my decision harder.

I want a quad to haul my 135lb self strictly in the dunes with lots of snap and torque.

I hate having to wait.......damn them anyway:grr:

exrider008
07-25-2006, 05:59 PM
that looks sweet. .i noticed that it had atvriders.com graphics:eek2:
haha...J/K

but kawi needs to hurry up and get this thing out to compete with honda,suzuki, and yamaha.

DVXchic
07-25-2006, 10:19 PM
That guy pouring the gas looks pretty hot, anyone catch his name or #.:devil:
Oh yeah, the bike looks sweet too!!

quads_kicka$$
07-25-2006, 11:50 PM
Does anyone think this was staged just to get peoples imaginations going??? What about all the other spy photos for other quads, think there staged too??

I kinda think so. :ermm:

Lamb
07-26-2006, 07:12 AM
yea.. i think this whole thing is staged...
if it wernt staged we would have had more photos, at least some photos of them riding it... why would you only take a few photos?
but anyways the bike looks good... nice to see a fully aluminum frame!:)

just a thought....

07-26-2006, 10:49 AM
I immediately thought it was staged....if you ever see spy photo's of cars, they are usually less than clear, and these people get paid to do that.
A couple of other things to point out are the fact that, the little branch in the foreground is a nice touch, you never see a clear shot of the front, perhaps some unresolved ideas, but somthing is always blocking it (There's that darn tree again) No photos of it being ridden or anyone in riding gear, and the location looks like an industrial park near their Orange County Ca headquarters...who tests a new, semi secret quad in that public of an area.

It is a fun bit of promotion though.

Edit....look close, does anyone else see that the gas can looks to be empty??

Dupontster
07-26-2006, 11:06 AM
I think I saw Doug Gust & Jeremiah Jones testing one...:D Not really sure though so don't quote me...It looked like them, but with the helmets on I didn't see em too good...:blah:

Nick shupe
07-26-2006, 04:25 PM
good old Goug Gust

Sinsai
07-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Anyone have a clue on a possible release date?

calds650
07-26-2006, 07:55 PM
TR Mar 07

MossboysRacing
07-26-2006, 09:02 PM
i like how the new kaw rolls out of the trailer with atvriders stickers on the side:D good job harlen

sdxp787
07-27-2006, 06:14 AM
What you all seen there is the new Kawadale.....aluminum frame

bwamos
07-27-2006, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by mrbluehair
A couple of other things to point out are the fact that, the little branch in the foreground is a nice touch, you never see a clear shot of the front, perhaps some unresolved ideas, but somthing is always blocking it (There's that darn tree again)

I noticed that too.

If they arent careful people are gonna start nicknaming it "The Wilson"

We've seen his eyes, and body.. but never the "face" ;)

jthunder31
07-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by sdxp787
What you all seen there is the new Kawadale.....aluminum frame

Please...:rolleyes:

Quad18star
07-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Very interesting fender design .... looks like it's ready to be marketed for both woods and MX . If the final production does in fact have the removable fenders , all the MX guys will have to do is unbolt and ride .

Nice location for the coolant bottle .

Huge exhaust !!!!!

Renthals .... nice touch.

I wonder what that warning sticker says ???

Quad18star
07-27-2006, 11:09 AM

Yup ... doesn't look like there's a drop of fuel in that can . LOL

exrider008
07-27-2006, 11:16 AM
I immediately thought it was staged....if you ever see spy photo's of cars, they are usually less than clear, and these people get paid to do that.
A couple of other things to point out are the fact that, the little branch in the foreground is a nice touch, you never see a clear shot of the front, perhaps some unresolved ideas, but somthing is always blocking it (There's that darn tree again) No photos of it being ridden or anyone in riding gear, and the location looks like an industrial park near their Orange County Ca headquarters...who tests a new, semi secret quad in that public of an area.

It is a fun bit of promotion though.

here is ur clear shot of the front.

07-27-2006, 11:21 AM
The "Wilson" LMAO, that is a good one:D

Actually a Kawadale is not that far off. I would venture to guess that Kawi had a C-Dale for testing purposes to find out where the frame failures would occur so they could eliminate that on their model.

C-Dale was a sales failure, but they were the catalyst to what we are starting to see in the 450 class. EFI....Cannondale was the first, Alloy chassis, Cannondale was first, not the big companies, but a bicycle company.

I have ridden the ATK 450 updated C-Dale, that is a great machine, ahead of it's time.

jthunder31
07-27-2006, 02:58 PM
The "Wilson" LMAO, that is a good one:D

Actually a Kawadale is not that far off. I would venture to guess that Kawi had a C-Dale for testing purposes to find out where the frame failures would occur so they could eliminate that on their model.

C-Dale was a sales failure, but they were the catalyst to what we are starting to see in the 450 class. EFI....Cannondale was the first, Alloy chassis, Cannondale was first, not the big companies, but a bicycle company.

I have ridden the ATK 450 updated C-Dale, that is a great machine, ahead of it's time.

I agree, but I wouldn't go dig up a Cannondale motorcycle and ask James Stewart to run supercross with it.

The powertrain in this machine hails right from the KX450F motorcycle, which has done extremely well this year. Kawasaki has played the same endgame with the KXF 450 ATV as they did with the KX450F motorcycle-they waited, saw all and will provide a superior product.

Kawasaki roadbikes have been using EFI for years, and should be close to perfection on this ATV.

Cannondale ran a wager that the consumer would be willing to pay more for this "technology" and lost. Reliability issues and a product that cost them more to make than they could sell it for were the first of many nails in their coffin. They basically threw the bicycle fortune away on the off-road market.

:chinese:

QUADROOKIE
07-27-2006, 03:04 PM
The only thing I don't like about this bike is the removable fenders. They look like a tree limb would just rip them off in the woods.:ermm:

kawi fan
07-27-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm about to throw a kx450f engine in a kfx 400 than wait till the winter series is over!:mad:

ACEwrench
07-28-2006, 11:31 AM
sales were not c-dales direct problem.... it had an impact for sure, but im sure they didnt forsee out selling honda the first year. for an unestablished "motorsports company" to spend the money they did in development in such a short period of time would hurt anybody's bottom line..especially going in a completely different direction than everybody else....

bwamos
07-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by exrider008
here is ur clear shot of the front.

Aye.. it's got a little more than I remember.. but we still haven't seen a full frontal shot.

mx1791
07-29-2006, 06:30 PM
well i've found my next quad!!!!!!, ill make mine an mx version if this one comes out to be a xc styled quad:blah:

exrider008
07-29-2006, 06:33 PM
did u guys read about the kfx450 in dirtwheels?

jonboy
07-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Yeah I just recieved and read my DW today. It actually states that it is much like the c-dale frame. I'm curious to see how the design of the EFI is done. whether the fuel pump is in the tank or out.

WILSONatv
07-30-2006, 08:58 PM
it also has a detachable subframe

xer
08-08-2006, 10:35 AM
are there some new pics?

xer
08-11-2006, 06:18 PM
or is there a photo of the whole kfx 450?

coorsinmyc-bak
08-26-2006, 01:09 PM
too bad they had to PUSH the junker back in the truck.you can ride a yamaha back in the truck.

spincr4hire
08-28-2006, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by coorsinmyc-bak
too bad they had to PUSH the junker back in the truck.you can ride a yamaha back in the truck.

looks like they are just taking it out to me

rooster_20
09-12-2006, 01:50 AM
are you serious everybody knows that yamaha breaks down way more than any other quad in the world dont be hatin on the kfx