PDA

View Full Version : 250EX QUESTION HELP FROM NE ONE..who knows atvs.

super_man37366
08-20-2002, 09:03 PM
OK here goes if I got a 250ex and put a pipe, and k&n airfilter what would it run as far as take off I mean would it make that big of a difference on the lil 250? Ok here is the second part of my question: My brother has a 250recon 2002 model and when it hits say somewhere around 50mph it starts to shut off by the rev limiter and cuts on and off( especially down hills). and the same goes for my dads rancher: ok here is the question: my neighbor has got a 250ex and he can get it to 51 or close the 52 because I got beside him in a truck. and i ask if it cuts on and off in 5th gear after it gets so tight? he said NO get on it and RIDE i was used to the limiter on the recon shuting me down around 50 so I figure well it want be know different well to my surprise it was WAY different it seemed the gears were higher through 3-5 and when I hit 5th it never shut me down so if I got a 250ex and put a pipe on it and a airfiliter (K&N) would it open it up and make it run say 53-54mph since it didnt shut me down at 51? I read where the limiter was higher on the 250ex say somewhere in the 8387rpms or something so I was just wondering if I put that stuff on there would it run beide a 300ex or even beat one.... thankz for the responses....... cya :D

Houser Cannondale
08-20-2002, 09:58 PM
put a good high flow pipe and header K&n fillter and jetkit and it will help quiet a bit make it rev out more too liek you said i put that stuff on my recon before i sold it and when it reved out it was alot easier to get to the rev limiter quicker... so i think thats what your looking for

phatswinn
08-20-2002, 10:24 PM
did you re-jet it? if ya didnt ur not gunna get any more power, u'll just run really lean

super_man37366
08-21-2002, 09:53 AM
well what would the top speed be?
:huh 53-54............

ShiftFMX
08-21-2002, 12:33 PM
I have a 250ex wit aPro-Circuit T-4 Slip on, I got next to a Caviler(sp?) and I hit top speed. I also have 22" Maxxis razr's. Everyone in the car said i was doing almost 60mph. Now As alot of you know my 250ex is currently being rebuilt, So I figured since i was spending all this money i might as well get a K&N high flow filter also. I havent got it back yet, but when i do i will tell you how much of and improvement it made.

Also, Will it run too lean to Perform well w/o Rejetting????

Striker49
08-21-2002, 02:10 PM
I dont think you are gonna beat a 300ex but you might, if you get a top-end pipe gain 1-2 mph but its not gonna be much.

The Recon hits the limiter quicker b/c its geared lower than the 250ex.

Therefore the ex would run faster due to higher gearing and its around 50 lbs lighter.
The bike is not built for top speed but if you want one go for it. You will need to rejet if you get a pipe and filter though but I couldnt tell you what jet to run.
Just keep in mind that the 250ex doesnt have alot of extra power to offer with even aftermaket parts and stuff so if you are thinkin along the lines of someday hangin with a 400ex in a drag then forget it. Decked out in mods, the lil ex might stay with a 300 but that'll be it.
Just some info. :cool:

Z-King
08-21-2002, 09:48 PM
i have heard that the yoshi pipe made the most power

ryanh250ex
08-21-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by super_man37366
OK here goes if I got a 250ex and put a pipe, and k&n airfilter what would it run as far as take off I mean would it make that big of a difference on the lil 250? Ok here is the second part of my question: My brother has a 250recon 2002 model and when it hits say somewhere around 50mph it starts to shut off by the rev limiter and cuts on and off( especially down hills). and the same goes for my dads rancher: ok here is the question: my neighbor has got a 250ex and he can get it to 51 or close the 52 because I got beside him in a truck. and i ask if it cuts on and off in 5th gear after it gets so tight? he said NO get on it and RIDE i was used to the limiter on the recon shuting me down around 50 so I figure well it want be know different well to my surprise it was WAY different it seemed the gears were higher through 3-5 and when I hit 5th it never shut me down so if I got a 250ex and put a pipe on it and a airfiliter (K&N) would it open it up and make it run say 53-54mph since it didnt shut me down at 51? I read where the limiter was higher on the 250ex say somewhere in the 8387rpms or something so I was just wondering if I put that stuff on there would it run beide a 300ex or even beat one.... thankz for the responses....... cya :D

hey. i got a 2002 250EX with a T-4 Complete System and a K&N Jet (the filter is coming soon).these mods make a world of difference. the T-4 gives a **** of a response in the low and mid-range of the powerband- i'm not sure about the top-end power, because the fastest i ever really go is 4th gear.i took it for a spin out on my street (to test out my newly-clean airfilter) and i noticed that i power through the gears at a MUCH faster rate than without the pipe.dont buy the air filter until you buy the jet kit, because you'll need the jet kit when you install the air filter or else you'll be running REALLY lean and that's no good.your jetting should be nearly spot-on for maximum performance

the stock exhaust for the 250ex is quiet and restrictive. the t-4 relieves alot of the back pressure on the exhaust. i think my t-4 has a 2-inch endcap, while the stocker might be 1-inch, if not less.as a result, the t-4 is MUCH louder than stock.

the recon shares the same 1st,2nd,and 3rd gear ratios as the 250ex. 4th and 5th are unique to the 250.

the 250ex rev limiter will shut you down at exactly 8750 rpm.

i've never drag-raced a 300ex (at least not yet), but from what people tell me, a piped and jetted 250ex will come close, but not exactly beat, a stock 300ex. however, if you have the weight advantage, or skill advantage, there is a good chance you might win. i havent really heard much about the k&N air filter performance-wise so it's possible that with the airfilter, pipe, and a re-jet, it could possibly keep up with a 300ex.

you probably dont know this, but there is a big-bore kit from Powroll. it boosts the cc's from 229 to 249. from what i've heard it sounds like it's worth the money. powroll also has some kind of megaphone muffler but i dont know anything about it.

i hope i answered most of your questions. if you have any more questions about the 250ex, feel free to private message me.

Ryan

super_man37366
08-22-2002, 08:45 PM
THANKZ AGAIN PEPS... FOR THE INFO...... STRIKER I HUNT UP THAT WAY IN THE LAND BETWEEN THE LAKES! I AM FROM TN PM ME AND WE WILL TALK ABOUT IT....