PDA

View Full Version : witness to cdale frame crack

rookiex
08-20-2002, 07:54 PM
There is this pro riderhis number is 911... he has a decked out cdale he jumped this 75 ft double called big face and it nearly split in half atleast what i seen it looked like it did...like the aluminum broke in half and the bottom half of the thick frame was sticking out it was bad.....I have hit that jump many times and never had that ever happed to me....knock on wood

08-20-2002, 11:11 PM
Rookie, I tried to give you good advice about your girl, but now you are talking SMACK!!!! I jump my Cannondale off of a 40 foot tabletop that is proceeded by a 60 foot monster double and down a 100 plus foot stepdown, and I have never damaged anything. I think some of these incidents are very isolated that people talk about. Foget bout it homeboy!!!!!!:devil

08-21-2002, 06:05 AM
Got any pics???:confused:

cdalejef
08-21-2002, 07:39 AM
Why is it that people like to pick on Cannondale? I've seen several 400ex frames cracked and countless 250R frames craked but know one seems to bring that up. I think Cannondale has done a great thing for this sport. There isn't a quad out there that the frame won't crack if ridden hard enough!

08-21-2002, 08:50 AM
my ex frame has sevral cracks in it i and idon't jump it's just from woods riding.

Teufel
08-21-2002, 09:34 AM
I have seen the aftermarket stuff crack and bend....IT happens:rolleyes:

08-21-2002, 10:00 AM
Yes frames can break on anything. Rookie, I would put a Cannondale frame up against anything. They happen to be really good. For all the Honda fans out there. I think somebody makes a dirt-bike frame that looks a lot like the cannondale frames. They happen to even be made from aluminum. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.........:blah

rookiex
08-21-2002, 10:08 AM
Easy guys I think the cdales are sweet bikes I am just sayin what a saw....just a witness :p

Bean
08-21-2002, 10:22 AM
actually, cannondale makes a frame that looks like a honda cr frame, cr came out first, and my frame has 4 or so cracks, o well

MxDale71
08-21-2002, 11:44 AM
He's just telling us this because of a earlier post saying that nobody has ever reported a broken C-dale frame except for one guy that always seems to have different stories. Someone said, "show me one report of a broken frame." So there it is. Us
C-dale owners did "over due" it a bit and made it sound like the frames were unbreakable, but thats not what we really meant to come across as saying. All frames are breakable, but the Dales do have TOUGH frames. I think Cannondale tested their frames and said they are stronger than aftermarket Lonestar frames (if thats really even saying much ;)).

Don't attack RookieX for telling us this... He's just stating something he saw and wanted other people to know about it. We pretty muchly asked for it (look at the post titled "Buy a moto" and I think thats the one where we talked about the frames).

cdalejef
08-21-2002, 01:29 PM
Sorry, that wasn't directed a RookieX, I was just saying that it seems everytime someone reports a problem that they have heard about Cannondales they start bashing them. Most of the time its simple stuff that other brands have had problems with too.

T-R-X
08-21-2002, 02:28 PM
One of the guys in my class 250 B has a full walsh connondale, the frame was cracked right where the bottom frame rail connects to the footpeg area(the main frame was not damanged)
Thats from casing stuff over and over on that rail. He noticed one day when he had his quad straight up and down to clean it, the engine was sticking out farther that the frame rails. Stuff will always break, just have to live with it, my next quad is a cannondale if Honda doesnt come out with anything.
My frame on my r is cracked in 3 places, nothing a welder cant fix.
Im pissed i missed walden and diamondbacks practices becuase i had to order a few more parts.

Sick0
08-21-2002, 02:43 PM
Hey trx are you in B class. Becuse if you race the B class a walden you would have smoked them all. Thay had like 5 b- class races in my novice class. They suck for being in a better class. Me and my friend beat most of them. Some of them couldn't even hit all the jumps. I could have kill the place if I could learn how to get a good hole shot. I wish the old 400 was faster.

T-R-X
08-21-2002, 10:04 PM
yes im in B, i want to do D 34 but cant get rides. I am gonna try budds creek this year though, im gonna kick some A**:D . You race NEATV right??? Oh yea im making a ramp for freestyle- 8 feet tall, 12 feet long, 6 ft wide almost done ILL POST PICS. Its gonna be sick.

MxDale71
08-25-2002, 05:07 PM
Well guys, it's taken me a while to tell you about this, but only because I've been kind of p!ssed off this week and didn't feel like typing out a whole big post.

I broke my sub-frame almost right through where the bolt goes to bolt it up to the lower left side of the main frame. Completely broke that little end off. It happened when I had a pretty bad wreck at Badlands MX on Wednesday and although I'm not sure what happened (I was unconscious) I was told by one of the fellow riders that my quad was going end over end. Luckily I have a friend that does a lot of aluminum work and now you couldn't even tell that it was ever broken. Seriously... I'll post some pics of where it was broken and you won't be able to tell (that guy is really good w/ aluminum). Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the frame when it was broken because I needed it fixed in a hurry and didn't take the time to buy some film and what not.