PDA

View Full Version : Handgaurds

jc_sportrax
08-20-2002, 07:43 PM
Can I put handgaurds on my 2002 300EX without having to remove the cool looking handlebar cover? Maier makes handguards just for the 300EX, will they work, or are they the same as the universal ones they sell? Please help.

Thanks.
JC_Sportrax

jc_sportrax
08-22-2002, 01:59 AM
Come on!!!, someone has to know!!!

RideRed400EX
08-22-2002, 12:44 PM
Just trim the plastic where the handguards mount on the inner part of the bar. With the acerbis handguards it looks pretty cool.

08-22-2002, 07:36 PM
buy maiers they work wit the stock handlebar set up

toby400ex
08-22-2002, 08:28 PM
why do you want the stock plastic thingy crap it looks like a big load of homosexuallity.

NC2Quads
08-22-2002, 11:52 PM
Great..........

I Bought a set of Maier Universal mounts a month ago.....
(still in shrink wrap...)

Haven't had time to install yet...

Figured I figure out what I was going to do with the "Gay-Homo" cover when I started the install... Hey, the cover has saved the parts it covers a couple times already... Twice in one day! (The "Fourth and Fifth" times!)

I bought the 300EX to ride!... And if your not streaching the throttle Cable... :devil

...Tired of heating levers with torch and hammering out with rubber mallet... :blah

jc_sportrax
08-23-2002, 12:54 AM
Thanks to evrieone for the help. I'll get some meairs for it... I like the cover becouse it's different, how many other quads are made with a cover like that???? It's also a good place to put stickers, and like someone else already said, it protects the cables, master cylinder, throttle, and even the bars from damage. Renthal makes bars that have the same bend as the stock ones do, and they don't come with the crossbar, so you can change bars and keep the cover too.

Thanks.

Scott
08-23-2002, 06:33 AM
I have a set of stock bars that I pulled off my 300 as soon as it got home. I also have that plastic piece you like. Once you break the plastic and bend the stock bars, let me know if you want these and we'll work out a price.

jc_sportrax
08-26-2002, 07:19 PM
I bought me a set of maier XC pro guards and installed them today. MAN THEY LOOK SWEET!!! I also have a set of spoilers on order for them for some extra protection. They mounted right up, I had to trim off the brake resivuar (I think thats how you spell it...lol) guard that came built into the guards, but other than that, I just bolted them on.

jc_sportrax
08-26-2002, 07:22 PM
Here is the area I had to cut.

NC2Quads
08-27-2002, 11:21 PM
White / Black (SKIN PIGMENT)----GAY! (BIG DIFFERANCE....)

Guess I'm Old Fashond...

When I was in the Army (Ft Bragg, 319th BN ABN OPS)... Haiti, Samolia, Bosnia- "I only wanted to worry about the guy in front of me!" Not what Bill Clintons Gay Army was doing behind me!

THERE MUCH MORE COOL THAN MINE! I GOT THE MAIER UNIVERSAL FIT ONES. YOURS ROCK!!!:devil

jc_sportrax
08-28-2002, 07:40 AM
I got the guards at my local Honda dealer. They costed $31.95 plus tax. I ordered the spoilers directly from maiers website. You can also order the same guards I have there. they come in red, black, blue white, and I think also purple. They cost less ordering them from there too!!!... darn it, I shuda checked first!... Oh well, I LOVE my guards! They are also made out of maier's new shiny plastic, and it's verry thick. The spoilers come in only white and black, I ordered the black ones. Maier's website is: http://www.maier-mfg.com.

Thanks for the complament.

jc_sportrax
08-28-2002, 08:00 PM
Here's one more pic from the front...

jc_sportrax
09-07-2002, 01:09 PM
My spoilers that I ordered came in yesterday and I put them on, what do ya think???

jc_sportrax
09-07-2002, 01:14 PM
Here is what it looks like from the rider's point of view: As you can see, they provide MORE than ample protection from brush and roost. I LOVE THEM!!!:D :D :D

jc_sportrax
09-07-2002, 01:23 PM
I also picked up one of Maier's rear disk brake guards. It seems to work okay...:D

toby400ex
09-08-2002, 12:29 AM
omg that disc guard looks like shnit, yeah it may protect the disc from a stick or rock that cant damga plastic but bend a stainless stell disc or aluminum caliper. But it is kinda funny lookin. by the way how much you pay for that guard.

jc_sportrax
09-08-2002, 03:18 PM
Hey, the disk guard was $20.72 plus shipping. I got it from maier's website www.maier-mfg.com. I think it looks pretty cool in person, I know it looks kinda funny in pictures:D. It does what it is meant to do though, protect the disk and calaper from damage by sticks and rocks.... I like it.:D Here is one more pick from the rear.:cool:

yamaha1470
09-08-2002, 05:16 PM
i like that guard. do u think it would [revent the rotor holes from getting packed with mud and stopping the dirt from grinding in the brakes? or no

phatswinn
09-08-2002, 06:21 PM
get rid of those ugly bat wings and the light and chopp those fenders off

jc_sportrax
09-09-2002, 01:44 PM
yamaha1470- I don't think it would completey stop the rotor holes from getting caked up with mud, but I guess it would defenetly help!!!
--------------------------------------

I like my bat wings and light, thank you.:D Also, where I ride I need my front fenders. I like the way my quad looks, and if anyone else does not, well that's just your opinion, and I could care less!!!:devil I am building this quad for me, I just start threads like this to give others that care ideas on what they can do to their quads. If you are just posting crap about how ugly you think someone else's quad is, then you have a serious problem:huh I'm sure that most people on this great site would agree with me.:cool:

Tommy 17
09-09-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by phatswinn
get rid of those ugly bat wings and the light and chopp those fenders off

y don't he just throw out the motor and the shocks i think they are ugly also:o

i agree with u jc i like ur quad....

jc_sportrax
09-09-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by 400ex21

y don't he just throw out the motor and the shocks i think they are ugly also:o

i agree with u jc i like ur quad....

Thanks 400ex21.:) It's nice to see that others agree that posting crap about the looks of someone's quad is stupid. I mean, it's ok if someone posts in a NICE way that they think you made a mistake doing something to ur quad, but calling it ugly or saying it looks like snit or homosexuality is totally uncalled for. All of the advice that people give me on here is verry valuable to me, and I will use it in any way that I can, but people that just make fun of other people's questions and ideas will be ignored totally by me.:) Evrieone has the right to express their opinion about stuff, but just blowing off bullsnit is totally stupid in my book.

400ex21 is right, if we took evriething off of our quads that people thought was ugly, we would have nothing left but a bare metal unpainted frame!!!:eek:

phatswinn
09-11-2002, 04:35 PM
sorry bout that:(,i was just sayin it would look better cuz thats the first things i did when i got it, i just looked at it and i do really like ur setup guess i was ust bein a painin theass that day
and its is really good to hear ur makin a quad the way they like it

nice job,
matt

jc_sportrax
09-11-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by phatswinn
sorry bout that:(,i was just sayin it would look better cuz thats the first things i did when i got it, i just looked at it and i do really like ur setup guess i was ust bein a painin theass that day
and its is really good to hear ur makin a quad the way they like it

nice job,
matt

Thanks phatswinn.:D It's no big deal. I get big headed sometimes like that and say mean stuff that I dd'nt really mean to say.:D I did'nt mean to single anyone out or anything, but I do think it kinda dumb posting bad stuff like that. Evrieone has different needs that rides atv's. If I raced, I would take off the light and cut my fenders off to lighten up the quad and so I can see where my front wheels are over jumps and ruts, but I don't race. I mostly ride in deep woods and feilds that has cows in them, THIS is why I need front fenders, If I did not have them, I would be covered in cow *****!!! I also ride at night alot and therefore need my lights.:p No hard feelings or anything.:D :D :D

P.S. Thanks for the complaments!!!;)

NC2Quads
09-11-2002, 11:28 PM
Hey JC,

Does the disk cover come in black? Looks aah-ight to me!
I still haven't got my gaurds on yet!!! I've got to get back home!!!
I travel "Road Warrior" For Cell Phone "Radio" manufacture...
I make 3.25 hr Canadian.... LOL but need to get home to ride and "Accesorize" my quad...
I also need to get out my Food-Stamp to TINNER for some air scoops yet! I contacted him via e-mail three weeks ago!!!
I have a digital camera and NEED to get my Pics posted!!!

Watch out for that MOO POOP!!!

NC(home) PA,UT,TX,CA, Seattle,WA tonight! back to NC by SAT!!!

jc_sportrax
09-12-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by NC2Quads
Hey JC,

Does the disk cover come in black? Looks aah-ight to me!...

Watch out for that MOO POOP!!!

Yep, It comes in evrey color that maier makes!!! Black, purple, green, blue, red... well I think you get the point.:D

Belive me, I try to steer clear of the poop!!!:D It's kinda hard though when you're in tall grass running like 55mph!!!:devil You would not belive how far that stuff can splatter when you hit a big pile of it going that fast!!!:D Just imagine how bad it would be with no front femders!!!:o :o :o Man that would be nasty.