PDA

View Full Version : Apex/ASSCO/Pro Shark Rim Bolt Pattern?

tarzan271
07-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Does anyone know if the Pro Shark has the same rims as the Polaris 90? Not size or width, just bolt pattern.

kasea90cc
07-24-2006, 08:21 PM
the rear yes , its 110 , if your son is racing this quad you sould get him a after market axle , my son just broke his on first practice saturday ,we used a axle and carrier from a ddr to get him back going , we're not the only ones to brake an axle on the aasco , there junk, "but" he did take a 2nd in the main:D

tarzan271
07-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Was it the extended axel? He doesn't race yet, just hard trail/dune riding. I think it will be fine for now. If he bends it racing, that will be a good excuse for the wife why we need a Durablue:D

newnick
07-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Thats if your money isn't going to pay hospital bills. I don't want to bad mouth that brand but I've seen several at the track with parts falling off. No one I've seen has gotten hurt yet though.

tarzan271
07-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Isn't that with all mini's that are raced though? I feel that the main problem is people are over stressing the quads for racing without gussets and other race prep that must be done. I am not expecting this quad or any other to be able to handle a 3-4ft jump continuously, without breaking apart. Or to be "race ready" out of the box. (Except Corbra) But for $1800, you can't tell me any other quad is better. Not even for $3k for that matter.

newnick
07-25-2006, 06:14 AM
Just noticed your avatat, thats funny. Your right in your last post. These quads are purpose built to compete in the stock class. With the parts on them that they have they are competitive. A parent must realize that the frame and suspension may not hold up to racing and change or reinforce in those areas. What I have seen is the exhaust pipes breaking and transmission gears going.