PDA

View Full Version : carrier help

SET THE STAGE
07-24-2006, 03:45 PM
okay, so i'm putting my carrier back together, and i just got the seals and new bearings, but when i got my 250r it was all in pieces and missing tons of parts. well turns out, he's missing the sleeve on the inside and the 2 washers that go on each side of it.

my question is, is it REALLY necessary to use the sleeve? i mean if it is, no big deal i can save up a bit and order one from honda. but yeah. if i can go without it i rather save some money and put that toward other parts that i need.

matt250r21
07-24-2006, 05:18 PM
I have gone without the center sleeve before, but this was on a aftermarket carrier that uses ball bearings that are twice as wide as stock. If you go with out the center tube make sure you do not over tighten the axle lock nut or you will easily deform the bearings. The center tube helps idiot proof the carrier by beefing up and supporting the bearings when they are over tightened.

mrhyde
07-24-2006, 06:10 PM
I have the spacer and washers (freshly sand-blasted and rattle canned) laying around. If you end up needing them, I'll ship them to you for $15. Let me know.

SET THE STAGE
07-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by mrhyde
I have the spacer and washers (freshly sand-blasted and rattle canned) laying around. If you end up needing them, I'll ship them to you for $15. Let me know.

i'll keep that in mind. thank you.

86 Quad R
07-25-2006, 06:57 AM
personally i wouldnt run without it. it helps destribute the side loads evenly to both bearings. whether its single or double row setup. juss my .02

C-LEIGH RACING
07-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by mrhyde

Are you saying you can make those tube spacers, or you just have some used ones cleaned up lying around for sale.
Neil

mrhyde
07-26-2006, 04:31 PM
I have originals off an 87 cleaned up and ready to go.

250R_4_ever
07-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Are you saying you can make those tube spacers, or you just have some used ones cleaned up lying around for sale.
Neil

Oh Neil, I think I can read your mind on that one :p

~volks_r_us~