PDA

View Full Version : Woods Wins British Open

JRP
07-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Well for all of you that watch/play golf, what do u think of tigers preformance yesterday. I thought he played a hell of a good round, and after he taped in for par on 18, it was sad seeing his breakdown and get emotional. His dad was his hero and and inspiration to him, and since he passed away its been extremely hard for him. Expecially every time he won the Open his dad was the 1st person there to congratulate him and give him a hug, but this time he wasnt there.:( So just post up what you think about the Open this year, and for everyone that thinks golf is gay and boring, dont reply.:)

Pappy
07-24-2006, 01:00 PM
i dont follow golf, but when did his father pass on? I remember hearing something a month or so ago about Tiger not making the cut for an "Open"....

JRP
07-24-2006, 01:51 PM
his father passed away about a month or so ago, not that long ago. Tiger made the cut for this major, on friday he shot an amazing 65. Par is a 72, so he shot 7under. Amazing

400exstud
07-24-2006, 03:01 PM
I like him for two reasons.

1 - He can play golf like he is not human.

2 - He has emotions and isn't afraid to hid them, unlike many other famous people.

IMO nobody deserved it more than him.

sly400ex
07-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by 400exstud

2 - He has emotions and isn't afraid to hid them, unlike many other famous people.

very well said, Tiger is the man!

JRP
07-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by 400exstud

i agree 110%. DiMarco did very well too, his mother just passed away i belive it was 2 weeks before from a heart attack. He played very well.

Wheelie
07-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Tiger got what he deserved. I was impressed with how well he held himself together through the end of the round.

Both Tiger and Dimarco played brilliantly.

xtremefullbore
07-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Tigers dad died about 6-7 months ago! he just didnt choose to qualify for any tournaments for 4-5 months and then a couple weeks ago he did pathetic and this week he did great and earned every bit of it. I am a huge fan of golf and watch alot and play alot, a matter in fact for my birthday a couple weeks ago I got a set of new big bertha clubs, and bag... very nice...

Byte
07-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i dont follow golf, but when did his father pass on? I remember hearing something a month or so ago about Tiger not making the cut for an "Open"....

Pappy to answer your question. There are four majors a year. Tigers' Dad pasted away before the Master's but he still came out and played. Well, he missed the cut for the weekend. This is the first time in his professional career that Tiger has missed a cut to a mayor. Kind of a big deal in the golf community. Anyways, the very next major he shows up and wins! Crazy stuff man...

He has 11 majors now, tied for second all time. Good stuff.

juanki
07-24-2006, 05:39 PM
it was a very good tournament, i was glad that he won, he played very good golf, also cris dimarco played very well, i thougth it was going to be a little bit tighter, but it was just fun to watch.

i played for my hs. team in long island ny. 12 hc.

400exstud
07-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by xtremefullbore
Tigers dad died about 6-7 months ago! he just didnt choose to qualify for any tournaments for 4-5 months and then a couple weeks ago he did pathetic and this week he did great and earned every bit of it. I am a huge fan of golf and watch alot and play alot, a matter in fact for my birthday a couple weeks ago I got a set of new big bertha clubs, and bag... very nice...

I would've love to hit Callaway but I just couldn't get the cash together. Instead I ordered a set of Tour Edge JMAX Bazooka Progressive irons with 3 and 4 as hybrids. Worth every penny.