PDA

View Full Version : 300ex headlight

Poncho
10-11-2001, 07:03 AM
How do I take my headlight off. Theres all these wires running to my switch and I don't now which one to cut.Thanks.

10-11-2001, 12:59 PM
I just took mine off yesterday. I just cit the wires with some scissors right At the source. I didnt pull anything out I just cut the wires. Than I electical taped the loose wire. Seems to be pretty good and looks awesome.

dirtclog
10-11-2001, 02:39 PM
Don't cut anything!! YOU can remove headlight completely without cutting wires..they have quick disconnects (inside rubber boots...just pull them apart...I can take my light off and put back on at will....you will have to disassemble headlight plastic cover from frame.

10-13-2001, 10:19 AM
DO NOT CUT THE WIRES!
I just took my light off a month ago.

Take off the red plastic.
Take off the nuts holding the light.
Theres two nuts on the headlight itself, take those off.
The light will break into two parts.
You will fine a couple of wires connecting to other wires.
Take all the wires apart.

trueblue450
10-13-2001, 06:22 PM
YEah I also did this to mine. But the stupid plug into the light is a pain to get back in. There is a metal bar right if front of the light, and you always have to unscrew the light off to put on and off. But I think the 300 looks cool with the light and plastic off. Its nicce to acually see the front end while riding.

10-13-2001, 10:00 PM
I think it looks really nice!
Looks more like a sport machine then a trail bike.

zack

"BLAHH"300!!
10-17-2001, 11:01 PM
anyone have a pic- of their 300ex without plasic and headlight

but with stock handlebar's
i was thinking of doing this but everytime i take off my
bar/plastic i look at and think naaah that looks like poo-poo

????cutting wires'?????

you messed up man'
i think i could have found a place for my wire's to go
little black lectric tape and some will-
never see it again

10-19-2001, 01:58 PM
I take my light off when I ride trails and I put it back on when huntin' season comes around I just tuck the headlight plug under the front plastic when not in use and I fabricated a small aluminum panel that I welded in between my handlebar clamps that houses my neutral/reverse lights and my key switch.I needed to reposition my key switch because I broke that cheesy plastic part on the stock handlebars.The panel looks trick and it tucks everything out of harms way.My stock handlebars went bye-bye a long time ago!

4punksdad
10-21-2001, 05:28 PM
my buddy's 300ex