PDA

View Full Version : Occ or west coast choppers?

quads14589
07-24-2006, 08:09 AM
which do u like more?

zedicus00
07-24-2006, 08:12 AM
west coast, they have some actuall fab skill. occ is just a bolt together build full of drama.

exrider008
07-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by zedicus00
west coast, they have some actuall fab skill. occ is just a bolt together build full of drama.

yup. i hate watching occ way to much drama.:rolleyes:

Mx_523
07-24-2006, 08:16 AM

Oh my god! Somebody actually agrees with me.:eek: Everyone around here roots for Occ because its about a hour away. I told them they have no skill they just bolt everything together and I was told to shut up I have no knowledge about bikes or motors.
:rolleyes:

Pappy
07-24-2006, 08:20 AM

10-4

Id rather hang at WCC then OCC. Paul Sr. would last about 15 seconds yelling before he would get hit with the biggest wrench in the shop:p

NorCalRacer
07-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Does OCC build bikes? All I've ever seen them do is *****:devil:

Mxjunkie
07-24-2006, 08:51 AM
Jesse started out with nothing and worked his way up, His metal work is truely a work of art. I love how he started to use copper recently it's amazing. Almost all of the products you see on a el daiblo or a dragon are all made by west coast. His fenders are amazing I've painted a couple and there was slim to none in body work that needed to be done which is amazing. If you buy a fender from custom chrome or a knock off brand, you can almost bet 100 dollars that the entire fender will be body work.

Occ is alot of bolt on things from other companys. I think there theme bike's are a little over the top, but cool. They fight to much which is annoying. Alot of their bike's allways look the same with just a bunch of misc. theme add ons.They do have some sick bikes, I love the bike Paul Jr. made with the spider webbing and such, Their style of a chopper is a little off from what I am use to anyways, the handle bars shouldn't be that high it makes the bike look a little goofy like the p.o.w bike. The tank is over the frame too much and not enough rake in the front end.

http://www.minichamps.co.uk/Champs%20pages/ER79125_Pow_bike.jpg

Vs a West Coast bike..
http://www.choppers.org/images/wccbike.jpg

I couldn't see my self working at occ.. I'd rather work in WCC lighting off fireworks at each other, going out and raising hell all day long and actually making a piece of art, not saying o.c.c doesnt make some nice bike's I am just not a fan of the style they make.

quads14589
07-24-2006, 09:02 AM
OCC even got all of them machines like the water get and the cnc machine to cut out sick stuff but all they do is buy and bult on.

Camaroguy87132
07-24-2006, 09:29 AM
i dont care what you guys say i like OCC.. i like WCC too but i like OCC better

angry450r
07-24-2006, 09:33 AM
you guys are right they have a lot of machines that do the work but they did come from nothing like west cost. paul sr first shop was the basement of there house. and come on occ makes me laugh it is funny, and personal preferance the occ bikes bolt together ,but are hands down way way cooler bikes then west coast. just my .02

quads14589
07-24-2006, 09:38 AM
wcc is more badass than occ all of occ bikes r theme bikes that look gay, i like to watch there shows becuase they r funny when they bicker to eachoter but wcc have more of an badass look to there bikes.

300exOH
07-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Hard to choose for me. I have liked some from both. I would have to say that I think Jesse James is a MUCH better craftsman. His metal work is incredible. The themes on the OCC bikes are a bit too much sometimes. I did like the recent OCC bike where they built there own frame. I think that was about the best bike they've built so far. If I bought one it would probably be the West Coast chopper though so they get my vote.

MRH Racing
07-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
10-4

Id rather hang at WCC then OCC. Paul Sr. would last about 15 seconds yelling before he would get hit with the biggest wrench in the shop:p

I don't think that would end well for you.

Paul Sr is a big dude.

Ruby Soho
07-24-2006, 10:52 AM
i like them both

trick250r
07-24-2006, 11:09 AM
id have to say WCC... jesse james is probably one of the last few that can work metal like that.

OCC: "Hey Paulie, go grab that tank so we can put it on the GOD DAMN BIKE!!!"

WCC: 100% original and no bull****

JForestZ34
07-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Well I like WCC over OCC. I like the way they fight all the time but after awhile it gets boring hearing them fight. Sometimes you think it's just for the tv, and it probably is. But there is one thing I will say about OCC vs WCC. When you see OCC making a bike if something doesn't fit right what is the first thing out of there mouth,(oh lets shave that off so it will fit) or they start smashing it with a hammer. When you make a bike it should all fit together without shaving or having to cut anything off to get it to go together. I've seen them shave the primary cover just to get it to fit on the engine. Well obviosly(sp) that's the wrong primary if you have to shave it or grind off some extra to get it to fit. Yeah they make some serious sick looking bikes but for my money I would by a Jesse original over a OCC bike. Jesse even makes his own gas tanks, OCC makes some too but most of the time they just add on to a tank that was already built.

James

popo
07-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Niether. I'd rather look at a bike built by

Matt Hotch
Paul Yaffe
Martin Bros
Eddie Trota

JForestZ34
07-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Actually to tell you the truth right now if you told me someone could build me a bike I would have Indian Larry build mine. God rest his soul if he was still around.

James

quads14589
07-24-2006, 12:44 PM
hell yah indian larrys bikes were the best looken around.

Pappy
07-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by popo
Niether. I'd rather look at a bike built by

Matt Hotch
Paul Yaffe
Martin Bros
Eddie Trota

Look is correct, ride is another story:p

popo
07-24-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Look is correct, ride is another story:p

Bah! I'll put any Hotmatch custom or Martin bros against any big name builder out there.

Style wise Mike Pugulzi builds some nice looking rides.

oldsandman
07-24-2006, 05:00 PM
It's great what Paul Sr. has done. Starting from his garage to a nation-wide tv show. What you see on occ is a tv show. The "reality" show occ is an edited and scripted tv show. As far as their fab work...whatever floats your boat. It's not very impressive to me but somebodys willing to foot the bill.

My daughter met Paul sr. and jr. when she happened to be staying at the same hotel. According to her they were both very considerate and went out of their way to thank the hotel staff individually when they were leaving. Nothing like the tv show personalities.

When JJ was building bikes they were really nice rides. Very original and top line custom fabrication. He is an amazing craftsman and self promoter. He really hit all the right buttons with his bikes and public image.

The publicity that both OCC and WCC have generated have been great for custom bike builders, parts manf., painters, pc'er's... the whole motorcycle aftermarket.

CTmxyfz
07-24-2006, 05:42 PM
You guys don't understand TV, most of it is just skits and other B.S. that is put on for the camera i think personally. They are starting to make alot more themselves these days.

Pappy
07-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by oldsandman

The publicity that both OCC and WCC have generated have been great for custom bike builders, parts manf., painters, pc'er's... the whole motorcycle aftermarket.

AMEN!

and I know they fight for the cameras to a point, but its uncanny how people that know me and knew my father point and proclaim they act like we did:p

quads14589
07-24-2006, 06:22 PM
jessee james only has a couple of scenes that he has aired out of wcc, occ has many but i still like the way that wcc has set it up. occ i just like to sit back and watch ps and pj just yack at eachother for 1 hr.

TCracin440ex
07-24-2006, 06:25 PM
id have to say west coast by far, i really admire jesse james' work...his metal fab and watching him beat out his own tanks and shape metal is just truely jaw droping to me...

i found that OCC does take alot of premade stuff and add on to it...their theme bikes are kinda getting lame now...and boring to me because they use the same style frame, tank ect then add on to them.....

i do like that napa commerical that OCC made about them were they are all talking and fighting but napa made it look like they were just a bunch of happy folks

MillerTime4187
07-24-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm really startin to like old school choppers and bobbers now. That bike they built for Billy Joel was sick. Craftsmanship wise, JJ wins hands down. Entertainment has to go to OCC. Billy Lane builds some wicked rides too.

rooster400ex
07-24-2006, 07:32 PM
not saying either is better, but occ isnt just theme bikes...

440racer66
07-24-2006, 07:35 PM
heres my list wcc and choppres inc cuz a billie lane bike kicks ***

07-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Everyone around here is crazy about OCC since were super duper close to the shop. Its ridiculous, there's people who never rode a bike before and their rocking OCC stickers and HD stickers.

I agree with the person above, I like the old school bikes more than the modern choppers. My dad was a hardcore biker back in the day, he used to have Harley's more like the bobber style. Now hes older and gets the cruiser Harley's.
I'm getting my first bike Senior year of Highschool:D Have to be 18 to have a motorcycle licence:(